Hired

Everything was exactly where it was supposed to be. The cushions on the sleek black leather couch sat right at the center of the backrest, the folders neatly arranged on a pile on the desk, newspapers spread in a perfect arch on the coffee table and every other item in the huge space sat in its designated spot in absolute perfection. It looked like a model room, one that should not be used but only be kept on display. The space seemed as if whoever owned it decided against visiting it ever again after that one day of decorating its interior.

Yet a person sat behind the desk, a laptop and a file open before him. His hazel eyes focused on the screen; he was reading and then writing  something down on a notebook. The otherwise stillness of the room was constantly broken by the tapping of the keys and the grazing of the pen. Time and again, he paused, carded his hands through his golden locks in frustration and dove right back in.

Loud knocks broke his laser focus. He sighed deeply before he uttered a nonchalant "Come in!"

A lady in her mid-thirties walked in. She was nervous, it was obvious with the way she fidgeted with the file in her hand. She took unsteady steps and made her way to the front of the desk.

"Mr. Park?", she stuttered, trying to steady her breathing by closing her eyes.

"I hope you have a good reason as to why you interrupted my work?", the man spoke, his voice high pitched and with a slight hint of annoyance.

"I am s-sorry Mr. Park. I am just here to remind you that the new driver is here as per your request. He has already been tested on his driving skills and he is indeed a skillful driver. He has also presented all the necessary documentation and the background check clears him out as well. He is just waiting to hear from you about the job expectations should he be appointed", she huffed out loudly, suddenly conscious that she had been holding her breath to speak in one go and not have a nervous breakdown.

"That was today?", the man's eyes darted to the calendar on his desk.

"Yes sir."

"Damn it. Okay, I will be there in exactly 10 minutes", he stated, closing the laptop.

"Of course. I will let him know", she whispered and bowed before she left.

Jimin leaned back on his swivel chair as a sigh left his lips. It's only 11 a.m. and it's already been a long day for him. He woke up sharply at 5.30 a.m. and headed straight to the gym in the basement of his house. After working out for an hour, he headed up and took a cold shower. Then he proceeded to watch the news to know latest updates about the stock market and have a general idea about what was going around in the world. While watching the television, he almost always poured himself a cup of black coffee and had some avocado toast to go with it. By the time it was 8.30 am, he was already out of the house, on his way to the office.

Architeca. Park Jimin was the owner of a renowned architecture and interior design firm that was located in the heart of Seoul. The high rise building of the company's headquarter was a gem in Seoul's skyline. Everyone knew the company and everyone knew of its owner. Park Jimin, 26, smart, creative and good looking with a steely and unyielding face. He was a perfectionist and liked to plan everything down to the last minute. When he inherited the company after the passing of his father, he took it upon himself to turn the firm into one of the biggest architectural firm in the world. And that's what he did. After a few years of arduous work, Architeca stood at number three of the World's top 20 architectural firms. He has made it to the covers of numerous magazine for achieving this milestone so early in his life. He has a huge estate just outside Seoul and rides expensive cars.

Park Jimin has it all.

Except for a smile on his face.

That's right. Park Jimin doesn't smile. No one has seen him with one.