01, ( other nurse? )

CHAPTER ONE !( real life )

CHAPTER ONE !
( real life )

" OTHER NURSE? "

THE MOMENT REPLAYED in aurora's mind, over and over again

THE MOMENT REPLAYED in aurora's mind, over and over again. she couldn't escape the vivid images of the two cars colliding, and the piercing screams that escaped from chris. it was in that moment that she realized that the weight of responsibility was rested on her shoulders.

the pair of them had planned to go back to the triplets' house for a movie night after just having dinner, soon before things took a turn for the worse. the girl had managed to escape with only minor injuries, but he ended up with bruises all over, a concussion, brain injury and fractures in his legs.

aurora had been so caught up talking with nick on the phone that she didn't even notice the car speeding towards them as she pulled out of a side road. chris' screams finally caught her attention, but it was already too late. in a desperate attempt to avoid the collision, she swerved, but the impact was inevitable. the sound of the crash was deafening. the phone line went dead, and amidst the throbbing pain in her head, her sole concern was her unconscious boyfriend lying motionless in the passenger's seat.

the group; aurora, chris, nick, justin, kalani, and braedon had been anxiously waiting in the hospital's waiting room for what felt like an eternity. it had been precisely two days since the accident that brought them all together, having not left the building once. aurora held matt's hands, hoping to ease both of their anxiety whilst she sought solace by resting her head on nick's shoulder.

lani and brae were drenched in perspiration, sleep had eluded them both as they hadn't even dared to close their eyes since the phone call informing them about the accident, leaving them in this state of constant vigilance ever since.

mary-lou and jimmy were also present in the room, their hearts heavy with worry. the boy's mother couldn't hold back her tears, consumed by the fear that her baby, her youngest child, might never be the same again. jimmy, also in the same state, however, fought to keep himself composed, assuring his wife that he would make it through and urging her not to worry.

not long after, they were informed of a much-awaited update, the first one since, capturing everyone's attention immediately.

"good news, he's finally awake, which is quite surprising given the severity of his concussion. however, he's still a bit disoriented and not fully aware of his surroundings, including the accident and what led up to it meaning he may not be familiar with people he knew prior. it's crucial to be patient and avoid mentioning anything that might stress him out or make him uncomfortable." the nurse informed, bringing a collective sigh of relief.

aurora felt her heart in her throat. he couldn't remember people? his family? friends? her?

"you can go see him now if you'd like. it might be best to have a small group visit first, maybe starting with family? being together might trigger some memories and help him to remember the rest of you." the nurse suggested, her smile conveying reassurance.

they all trailed behind the women, with aurora, kalani and braedon lingering a bit behind, stopping at the corner to ensure chris wouldn't notice them, yet they'd still have access in listening in.

the trio observed with bated breath as the vulnerable boy gazed at his family, a mix of confusion and recognition flickering in his gaze. it was as if he sensed a familiar connection, a glimmer of recognition that hinted at his knowledge of who they were.

"hey, chris." matt was the first to speak up, breaking the silence and gently resting his hand on chris' shoulder.

chris remained unresponsive, causing justin to exchange a glance filled with both panic and reassurance. matt's eyes welled up with tears, but he held them back, reminding himself to be patient, just as the doctor had advised.

"you don't remember me? what about- what about those two?" he gestured towards nick and justin, the two of them standing on the other side of the hospital bed.

"that's... that's nick and justin," he exclaimed, a wide smile spreading across his face. after a moment, he turned his gaze back to the middle triplet. "and you're matt, right?" he asked eagerly, hoping for confirmation.

matt nodded his head, immediately wrapping his arms around the boy as he pulled him into a tight embrace, nick and justin resting their head on chris' torso as he returned the hug.

mary-lou's eyes filled with tears, her hands instinctively rising to cover her mouth as she witnessed the scene unfold before her. chris turned to face his parents, his voice barely above a whisper as he also greeted them, instinctively having the ability to recognise them, "hi mom, hi dad."

"alright, that's a positive sign. he's able to remember his family," the nurse remarked, motioning for the rest of the group to enter the room.

"aurora, why don't you go first? we'll give you some space." kalani suggested, the sturniolos exited creating a serene atmosphere and enabling privacy for the pair of them.

"chris?" aurora whispered as she cautiously approached the boy, his expression one of confusion.

"hi. you're my other nurse?" he breathed out, waiting for a response.

other nurse? she thought, her mind racing and in that very moment, a wave of heartache washed over her, shattering her heart into countless fragments. overwhelmed by the weight of her emotions, she felt an urgent need to escape from the room.

"i'm sorry," she choked, her voice trembling with regret as she hastily made her way out of the room, pushing past the group in her desperate attempt to find solace.

ᵃᵘᵗʰᵒʳˢ ⁿᵒᵗᵉˢ !
oh.