Chapter 12: Staged Transaction

The next day, Ravi, in collaboration with his friend Rohit, orchestrated a staged scenario at home. Ravi had already briefed Rohit about the plan the previous night, setting the scene for a shocking encounter.

[At Aria's home]

As Rohit arrived, Ravi played his part with a calculated demeanor.

Ravi, gesturing towards Aria: "Rohit, meet Aria. We've been considering selling her. Are you interested?"

Aria, taken aback and hurt, stood frozen as the unsettling conversation unfolded.

Rohit, pretending to consider: "That's what I am here for as per our conversation."

Ravi, keeping up the act: "She's been a handful, and we thought it might be best to get rid of her."

Aria, panic rising, interjected: "Dad, what is this? What are you talking about?"

Rohit, feigning interest: "How much are you asking?"

Ravi, with a straight face: "Let's say 50 thousand. It should cover the trouble she's given us."

Aria, shocked and hurt, struggled to comprehend the staged transaction that seemed to unfold before her eyes. The orchestrated scene played out, leaving Aria to grapple with the unsettling notion that she was being "sold" to her father's friend.

Aria, unable to comprehend the staged transaction, confronted her father with a mix of confusion and desperation.

Aria, tears streaming down her face: "Dad, why are you doing this? Why are you selling me?"

Ravi, pretending to be angry: "I can't tolerate having such a disobedient and disrespectful son. I'm getting rid of you."

Aria, in tears, pleads: "Dad, please, I'm sorry for everything. Please forgive me."

Ravi, sternly: "You should have thought about that before misbehaving. This is the consequence of your actions."

As Aria's pleas fell on deaf ears, the weight of the staged betrayal sank in. Ravi, maintaining the facade, directed Aria towards Rohit.

Ravi, coldly: "Go with Rohit. Maybe a change of environment will teach you some discipline."

Aria, heartbroken and defeated, cast one last desperate glance at her father before reluctantly following Rohit, unaware that this entire heartbreaking ordeal was a staged lesson crafted by her family.