Chapter 3: Isn't that the lyrics from The Vamps', Girls on TV?

The Video attached is of the song Daughter by Medicine which is used in this chapter.

*Unedited

Ryan was as I last remembered him: cocky and arrogant as ever.

We were at this moment, in the High School 'Dance Lab'. I wonder why they called it so. There were no chemicals here. But, it was a beautiful place to dance in. The floors were all wooden, to minimize our pain if we fall and the walls were all made of glass. We were further even assigned a dance teacher, but for only a week, to 'guide us in the beginning, on how to work together' as in Mr. Fredrick's words. We were also expected by the principals, to create the whole routine ourselves, and present it at its best.

"So, we are going to start with, what forms you both do best. I know Ryan's form. I would like to see yours Nichole." The teacher, Ms. Falls, was a very pretty lady. She was obviously African, but had a British tone, I guess due to growing up in Britain or something. She seemed kind and lenient but she also made it known to us, that she can also be strict when she wanted to. "So which song do you prefer?"

I thought for a moment. We were supposed to do a couple dance in the main event, so Hip-Hop or jazz was not an option, so I went with good old Contemporary.

"Do you by any chance have Medicine by Daughter?"

"Sure," She said before going to what I thought a record box to pull out a record.

"That's a good choice," Ryan whispered to me before smirking and clearing the stage for me. All this time I had ignored Ryan, what else was I supposed to do? But he, being he, didn't pick up the clue.

"I'm ready when you are," Ms. Falls announced.

"I'm ready," I said feeling confident. 'I have done this before. It will all go right. Don't worry' I kept on repeating this to myself. And after I was done, she started the song.

Pick it up, pick it all up.
And start again.
You've got a second chance,
you could go home.
Escape it all.
It's just irrelevant.

I let the music pass, before I start. I bend down, when it starts, and make a motion signifying that I'm picking something up. Then I stop, along with the music and repeat it going a bit higher. Then I throw it to the left side, and do a cartwheel along it before standing up as the line ends, and moving my body in a graceful move backwards and rounding again. I then stand up straight, and let my right arm go forward and as I do so, I push my left leg upwards so that it creates a straight horizontal line. Then I pull them backwards and curl up in a ball. I stay like that, only swaying for some time then throw my arms wide open and pick myself up.

It's just medicine.
It's just medicine.

I put my right arm upwards and curl it around my head before dragging it along my torso and flipping it on the right side. I repeat it with my left side before pulling both arms in front of my eyes and pushing backwards, in a final stance.

And here the music is cut off by Ms. Falls. She comes in front of me and says, "You are a great dancer, Nichole." I just smile at her, feeling my shyness return to myself, as I finish dancing.

Ryan comes and stands beside me.

"I know which form will suit you both: Salsa." I could never in my wildest dream imagine, Ryan doing Salsa.

"So, you are dismissed for today. I'll meet you all tomorrow, same time, and see what I can do to help you."

"Yes, ma'am," Ryan says saluting her.

She just chuckles, as if it's a regular exchange between them, "Don't disturb the poor girl, Ryan." So, I'm a poor girl now.

"Never, ma'am," He says motioning to hug me. I just shrug him off.

"Good," she says and leaves us.

I go forward to collect my things, and was half-way through when I hear Ryan say in a song-song voice, "What are doing today night?"

"Isn't that the lyrics from The Vamps', Girls on TV?"

"Serious, Nic," How in the literal earth does he know my nickname?

"Studying," Actually I was planning on dancing and wasting my time, but oh well, he doesn't need to know that.

"You are not studying," I could feel him standing behind me. It didn't make me as uncomfortable as I thought it would, but I still turned around.

"Who said that?" I challenged him.

"I did. Anyway, cut the crap. Can you come over tonight? Rick would love to meet you." I gave out a sarcastic laugh at this, "My parents are out so it would be fun."

"Me, alone with you two guys? Nope, nope, not happening, Ryan." His name sounded foreign rolling out from my toungue. But I was serious here. I was still not over that period were you are not able to be comfortable with two guys, alone.

"You can bring a friend over?" He seemed rather persistent. And it was hard, turning down an offer of meeting my older friend. Yah, that's what I call him.

"Or you can come to my house. Mom and Dad won't mind."

He sighs in defeat. "I'll see you at six,"

"Sure," I say and sprint out.

XXDitDXX

Guess who decided to update? Yup, me!

I know, I know I haven't updated in months. But I started school (Freshmen Year) and I had tons of assignments and projects. I still have two projects due which I still haven't done. So, please don't kill me.

I wouldn't even have updated this if a certain someone hadn't forced me to write the chapter. Well, you know who you are. ;)

And, as I told earlier, this chapter is unedited. I'll edit it when I'm not neck deep in assignments.

For the next update, I don't know when it will be. I seriously have no idea. But I don't think it would be anytime soon, sorry.

I do hope you enjoyed this chapter. Why do you think Ryan so badly wants Nichole to meet Rick? Let me know what you think about it in the comments and please vote if you liked the chapter.

Dedicated to wantedreject for the beautiful banner on the top.

QOTH: Do you think I should enter this book in the Wattys?

Fun Fact: Not a fun fact, but my computer is broken. Also I just finished watching This Is Us for the second time today. I know I'm totally procrastinating.

Elena xx