Chapter One

I pulled up to the house, and it was beautiful. God damn do rich people know how to live. A huge stone house with rolling hills surrounding it, a tennis court covered up with some tent-like thing sat a ways down, with lights hung all around. While walking down the hill towards the crowd the sun was setting and the snow-capped mountains could be seen in the distance.

I'm glad I chose the navy blue dress instead of the hot pink because seeing how everyone else is dressed I would've stuck out like a sore thumb. It's tricky trying to pick out clothes for these types of events, you have to know the crowd and seeing as I'm crashing said events I know nothing about them.

This couple went all out. The bride is sitting with her mother and her dress looks like it's half a million bucks, I can see her ring from across the venue, and the cake is five layers with flowers strung across it. The best man looks like he's had one too many making it clear that the alcohol is free, now I just have to find the bar. Weaving through the crowd I make my way through the dance floor, it should be right on the other side. Most weddings are set up similarly so no matter the size of it I usually find my way around.

I finally squeezed out of the dance floor already feeling suffocated from the amount of disgusting sweaty men there were, but alas I found my way. I walked up to the booth next to a man who was waiting on a drink, the bartender asked what I wanted and I told him something simple with lemon. I never know what to get, I'm indecisive when it comes to ordering and I'm never satisfied with what I get anyway so I let it be a surprise so I can never be upset if it's borderline repulsive.

Tapping my foot I scanned the room, eyes darting from person to person. I needed to choose someone so I have a plan for the night, and I need to be smart about it. Not too rich or I'd be in trouble, but not too poor where I get nothing out of it. Not too attractive, not too ugly, I can't stand out. Not too talkative, not too quiet, not too dressed up, not too dressed down. I need to find someone who is slightly above average, I need to make a list of people to talk to.

The blonde-haired guy is the first on the list, he's currently standing with one of the groomsmen chatting about god knows what, he has brown eyes and a nice smile. I can see a watch that looks like a Rolex so he has money but people who are wealthy don't buy Rolexes, rich people do. He has a nice suit, looks dry-cleaned and his shoes look freshly shined. From where I am he looks about three inches taller than me and a few years older. Definitely worth a shot.

Time to scan the room again.

This time a brunette catches my eye, sitting at a table with some of the bride's friends and family. His hair is messy and the first few buttons on his top are unbuttoned. I saw him while I was walking in, he was with a man whose features were similar to his, I assume that was his father and he was dragged along for the show. Rich people need to keep up their image and I look over at the father a few feet away keeping an eye on the young man.

The dad is well groomed with grey hair peeking through the dark curls. His wife stood next to him wearing a magnificent burgundy dress lined with gems all around, her gold jewellery shone when she moved and her makeup was perfectly done on her perfectly botoxed skin.

I stop looking at the older couple when I hear the bartender walking up again, he hands me and the man beside me our drinks and apologised for the wait, I thank him and wave him off telling him not to worry about it and make my way to a bench to people watch a bit more and let the alcohol set in so I can have a bit of a buzz in my system before I start.

Time passed once more and a few more people caught my eye and when the sun was fully set I started my journey. I'm with the brunette now, talking, and flirting, and it is awful he already used three corny pickup lines and winked twice in the span of ten minutes, he would be reckless enough for me to sneak around and take things and stupid enough to buy me whatever I want with daddy's money by the second date. But that's only if I can stand to be around him for that long, hearing him talk I swear I'm losing brain cells.