A Red Dawn Part II

"In the future, my grandson will lead a rebellion in a war against Ratigan. A tyrant who plans to rule the world. He plans to rule Brittannia with an Iron Paw. Some will submit, some will rebel. Today we fight to cut the head of the tyrannous snake from ever ruling us. To change our future. To set things right. The war to save time and reality begins now."

Previously on Silver & Gold: The Carter McKenley Chronicles

Passersby and citizens got out of their vehicles or stopped what they were doing to look to the sky to see a horrendous sight; a fleet of zeppelins, fighter planes and two dozen Junkers Ju-52's with paratroopers jumping out of them. One distinct feature that stuck out on these aircraft was a big gold letter 'R'.

"Oh, my god." Carter muttered under his breath.

Chaos ensued by citizens running in different directions while screaming 'bloody murder', vehicles were crashing into each other, and some paratroopers got stuck in some bizarre places. An explosion above rung out as one of the zeppelins began to become engulfed in flames; the Landish Air Corps arrived on the scene and began to engage the enemy.

"King Ratigan, he's launched an invasion. We're leaving town, I'd suggest you do the same!" Carter informed while looking towards the woods.

"Attention citizens of Landpo. I, President Marquis Nowak have grave news. If you are seeing this broadcast, you are in a part of the country no longer controlled by Landish Government. At exactly nine forty-five this morning, Kingsland has launched a full-scale invasion of this beloved country. I implore you to not give up hope; you have a choice to either flee to the neighboring countries to the East or fight-" Before the President could finish his statement, a bunch of 'Kingsland' Soldiers barged into the chamber followed by the sound of gunfire and the newsfeed cutting out.

"I've got to go, before Ratigan finds me. Also your mother would be proud of you. I've always told her, 'the future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves'. I love you and don't worry you'll see me again." Jonathan informed before the screen went into 'No Signal' mode.

A small tear slid down Carter's cheek.

Resistance Bunker

Carter was sitting at a desk in a makeshift office made for the President of Landpo incase of dire consequences. On the desk was Carter's Schofield No. 3 revolver. The leader of the Resistance reached into his shirt pulling out a silver Celtic Irish Catholic cross necklace and started tracing his thumb over it followed by closing his eyes.

Flashback

"MY GOD! MY GOD!" The soldier cried while speaking into the receiver.

He froze like a deer in headlights as he heard the sound of footsteps. Standing outside of the vehicle was Carter McKenley. The soldier's eyes widened with fear as the leader of the Resistance raised his Schofield No. 3 revolver, cocked the hammer and aimed it at the soldier.