- connections -

Emma was sitting in lunch, awaiting for the smaller hand on the clock to hit the 10. That would mark the bell to ring and she would be off to connect, the only class she would be able to see Elijah in, since he got switched out of her 7th and 8th period temporarily.

When the second hand hit the 50 minute mark, Emma started walking towards her locker. she noticed the short bald boy walking infront of her. 'Wow he's kind of cute actually' she thought to herself. 'Wait, Emma you can't be falling for him already, it's only been a week' But it's true, she was, but she wouldn't let herself admit it, she couldn't let herself admit it, or even think it. It was to embarrassing, a bad boy and a good girl. 'Wow this kind of feels like one of those wattpad stories' she said to herself.

She walked into her connect, and Samuel, Elijah, Abby, Lydia, Gwen, and her friend Mya were all sitting in their normal spot.

"Hi Mya! are you just in here or is this your connect now?" Emma asked.

"Hi Emma!" Mya responded. "I'm just in here, but im going to come here for often" Mya added. Emma smiled and took a seat next to Elijah. She noticed Lydia also sitting next to Elijah, on his left side. Emma felt a pant of jealousy shoot through her. Lydia kept trying to get Elijah's attention, but Elijah turned to Emma and started a conversation.

"Hi Emma, how was your day?" Elijah asked.

"It was okay, how was yours?" Emma responded.

"It was good." Elijah said.

"Elijahhhhh" Lydia kept saying.

"What" He said, turning around with an annoyed expression on his face.

"What are you doing" she said, practicing petting his shoulder.

"Trying to have a conversation, can you please let me continue?" Elijah said

"Nooo, I want to talk to you" Lydia said

"Lydia be quiet before I cut that string cheese off your head" Mya said with an annoyed look on her face. Everyone started laughing.

"No mya don't do that, thats doing her a favor" Gwen said. Everyone laughed even harder. Lydia started crying like a 3 year old and ran up to the connect teacher.

"Mya, Gwen and Emma are bullying me" Lydia told Mrs Bengam.

"Mya, Gwen Emma here come" Mrs Bengam said. The three got up and walked over to the teachers desk. Long story short the trio got yelled at and got detention. As they were walking back to their seats Mya said,

"Guys I think she's seeing red" "Actually no, only thing she can see is Elijah" she added

"I dont think Elijah sees her, he probably just sees her hay covered head" says Gwen

"What if he does like her?" Emma says, a dreadful look on her face.

"Emma, your delusional in the wrong way" Samuel says, shaking his head

"Wheres Elijah?" Emma asks, noticing he wasn't in the room

"Bathroom" Samuel responds.

"I bet that's where Lydia is going" Abby says, pointing to Lydia who is walking out of the room

"Hopefully she's going to fix her hair" Mya says, which causes a laugh from everyone exept Emma, who was too busy wondering if Elijah liked Lydia or not.

'What if they have a connection?' Emma thought to herself. 'Will she get to him before I do?" she asked herself