10.

CHAEYOUNG.

At some point of the night, the other 3 are happily looking at baby photos. I don't know if it's just me because I get the feeling that the kids already knew what was going on. I'm so scared of whatever their reaction might be. They can be as accepting as they are now and be snobbish in the next second. But I'm still happy seeing the 3 of them bonding over something trivial for others but for me, this is everything.

God, I love looking at them like this.

"Mummy, come here and join us!" Aera noticed me first and the other 2 looked up and smiled.

Jesus, even their smiles are exactly alike.

"Mum, come join us please. We're showing Unnie some of our baby photos. She said we looked just like her when she was almost 6!" Shin-Ji seconded and I smiled at that. I don't really think we're going to have a problem once we break it to them.

I made my way over, carrying a tray of milk. It's the twins' nightly routine to help them sleep better. I put the tray down the table and sat beside Aera.

"You're showing Unnie your embarrassing but cute baby photos, my little loves?" I teased the moment I sat down. Jisoo grinned at me, snorting softly.

"Mummy, they're not so embarrassing. Unnie said we could take more photos when we get older to make up for these ones. Right, unnie?" Shin-Ji asked and looked up at Jisoo. The latter smiled wider and wrapped an arm around our little guy.

Oh my God, our little boy already. Am I really going to stay in this picture?

"That's right, my man. You can definitely take more photos when you get a little older and I bet those will be beautiful," Jisoo affirmed and the little guy smiled like his cheeks were going to be torn apart.

"Well, Jisoo unnie is right on that part. But hey, even though it's embarrassing, you're still cute and I think that's all that matters," I agreed, still teasing.

"Mummy, that's not helping!" Shin-Ji whined and hugged Jisoo while Aera and I laughed. Now I get why his sister is so fond of teasing him.

"He's cute when he whines like that, right, Mum?" Aera whispered conspirationally and I chuckled.

"I heard that!" Shin-Ji protested and pouted.

"Now, that's enough, you two. You're going to make him cry at this point," Jisoo intervened a little playfully.

"Thank you, Unnie. Mummy usually helps me with Aera but tonight she has turned against me!" I laughed again and it's a little too endearing to watch my son glare at me like that. Jisoo looked at me again, amused but shook her head in a subtle way. I grinned mischievously at her and she just winked.

"Unnie, Mum said that she just carried Shin-Ji and I for someone. I wish it was you since all the 3 of us look like each other," Aera said out of nowhere and all of a sudden, there's a tension that spreads through the room. I noticed that Shin-Ji was alert. Jisoo froze in her seat, completely caught off guard.

I felt a pang in my chest, hearing that from Aera. I know it's true, but hearing it from her like that hurts that I wanted to cry. Jisoo looked at me in worry.

"Now, now, baby, although that might be true, it really is not nice to say that in front of Mommy. I think that carrying you to help someone to have a baby is the most important thing. She has carried you both in her body for a long time. She took care of you when you can't so you should thank her instead of wishing for something like that. You don't want Mommy to get hurt, do you?" Jisoo was so gentle that it made me want to cry more.