The duel

"Normal": speaking
'Italics': thinking
Bold: Author's note

*..*: sound

------------------------------------------------

"I REQUEST A DUEL!" yelled a mad girl named Lilia.

------------------------------------------------

We cut to a white platform in the sky surrounded by clouds and two long staircases leading up to said platform.

"(Y/N), can you tell me what a duel's like here?" asked the familiar of (Y/N).

"Yeah, I can explain.. Basically, in this school-" (Y/N) tried explaining to Vermeil, but was cut off.

"(Y/N)! I challenge you to a duel! If I win, that weird familiar of yours must stay in her room at all times, except when strictly necessary!" That comment about her seemed to tick off Vermeil.

"Hey, don't call her weird!" retorted (Y/N), then looked at Vermeil. "In this school, if you have a conflict with someone, you can resolve it with a fair duel." (Y/N) explained while holding his chin.

"Hmm.. In other words, the loser has to obey the winner, right?" Vermeil rested her head on (Y/N)'s while hugging him from behind, making (Y/N) blush. He knew others could see what Vermeil was doing.

"That's right! So enjoy clinging to (Y/N) while you can, because soon it'll all be over!!" Lilia angrily yelled at Vermeil.

"Ughh.. What should I do? Lilia can be pretty stubborn at times.." (Y/N) sighed, looking down.

"So what? Just accept the duel." Vermeil winked at (Y/N). She then looked at Lilia. "Of course, if (Y/N) wins, you'll have to do anything he says!" That gave Lilia an ego boost.

"Well (Y/N), you should get ready." Lilia warned the poor boy and took a stance. "In a duel, you're allowed to fight alongside your familiar. (Y/N), you should stay out of this if you don't want to get hurt!"

A summoning circle appeared in front of Lilia, and after a bright orange glow, a small white floating wind spirit came out.

"Let's go, Sylphid! We'll punish that young woman!" Yelled Lilia, filled with determination.

'Ohh? She's so young, and yet she can control a high rank wind spirit..?' Thought Vermeil to herself, even though she knew they will win.

"The combined power of Sylphid and I is pretty powerful, you know? I know you're talented, but don't think you can stop us without the help of a familiar! Accept your defeat, (Y/N), and more importantly..." With the help of her familiar, Lilia formed a tornado-like attack, ready to launch towards her opponents. "...TELL ME ABOUT THAT WOMAN!"

After she said those last words, Lilia sent the wind attack towards the two. Vermeil stood in front of (Y/N) to protect him, but (Y/N) grabbed her shoulder. "I got this."

The boy pointed a finger gun towards the wind attack, but not towards Lilia, so she won't get hurt. He focused his mana into the tip of his finger, forming a red ball. 

"Red." And with that, the red ball at the tip of (Y/N)'s finger shot so fast, it cancelled Lilia's attack. This shocked all three. 'I did it!

(Y/N) already started sweating, because for the first time in his life, he pulled off Red, and it took a toll on his energy.

----------------------------------------

Everyone watching the match was shocked at the sheer strength and speed of the boy's attack.

"He finally pulled it off?! And at a time like that?! If he still couldn't do it, they would've been dead right then and there!" Alto yelled in his mind, shocked.