CHAPTER 6

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃
[FELY]

"Good morning, STEM B!"

I fixed my sitting posture and greeted our advisor along with the class. "Good morning, Ma'am."

They sound bored at first since it's very early in the morning, 7:00, but when the Teacher took the chalk on her box in the table, everyone gone rage when she wrote pre-test in gen math at the board.

"Ma'am! Third day pa lang po, maawa kayo!"

Ang iba ay natuwa.

"Yes! Pataasan oh, ano? kakasa ka ba?"

Pero may iilang na badtrip. Mukhang sinagad sila nung nakaraang taon at ngayong taon ay wala na natirang pasensya sa kanila.

"Ma'am, dospordos? Gusto mo?"

But of course, it was a whisper. It came from the boys at the back. Kahit mga ganon 'yon, pasado pa rin naman. Two of them were my classmates last year.

Binagsak ni Ma'am ang kaniyang kaliwang kamay sa nakapatong na libro doon sa harap. It made us all flinched. She wasn't in line of my teachers last year, but she do look familiar since I got to see her twice in month last year in corridors.

And if you're wondering what she looks like, she's chubby and tall, pale face but tan neck, it's weird i know. Greyish short hair and thick cat eyeglasses. She likes to match her dark tops to her cream skirts.

She is that teacher. Terror.

Nag iikot si Ma'am sa bawat desk namin. Giving us damn good sight.

"Get one whole sheet of paper, and of course Angel, get your scientific calculator!" pinanlakihan siya ng mata ni Ma'am.

Ngumuso si Angel na nasa unahang row lang rin. "Eh, wala pa po akong sinasabi."

"At sumasagot ka pa ha." mataba siyang tumawa.

"Sorry po."

"Enough!" binuksan niya ng malakas ang tiklop niyang pamaypay na kulay pula. There's a dragon design on it. Epic. "You will all be given 40 minutes to answer this pre-test. Ten minutes goes to me and I'll choose randomly papers and those papers I touch, will be lucky enough to have ten chips for recitation."

Kaagad na mga nag react ang mga kaklase ko. Nawindang naman ako sa huli niyang sinabi. Ten chips? That's a lot. Here in public school, chips are given if you do good in recitations. It will reflect as your grade too. The more chips, the higher you get.

Boys at the back made loud noises such as slapping their hands at their desk, laughing ahead.

"Boys!" rinding sigaw ni Ma'am Pol. "Mga badyaw, mga badyaw?!"

Tumawa si Rick bago sumagot. "Pasensya na po!" then he gave them slaps to their arms to make them stop when in fact, he was the one who started it.

I'm seating next to the window and mini shelves standing next to the wall. Seating in my right is June. Then the rest are girls and behind us are the last row, Rick and his minions.

We all gone silence when she gave us papers. Sa yellow pad kami nagsagot at nag solve. 40 minutes is short, I thought. But when I got the papers in my hands, I see twenty questions.

Still, 40 minutes is short!

The questions and formulas are from the last year, last sem. And half of these are not in my fingers. Nakalimutan ko na.

"Don't stare at it, hija. Hindi magsusulat ng kusa iyang ballpen mo." pansin sa akin ni Ma'am Pol kaya napatingin ako sa kaniya mula sa pagkakadukdok.

"Sorry po." I said before lowering down my head and touching my ballpen next to my paper.