Cassandra

You know that visceral sensation in the pit of your stomach, akin to tackling something daunting for the first time, like the rush of skydiving or the hesitation of telling a lie?

That's precisely how it felt when I first set my eyes upon Apollo as if I were gazing into the sun, and it, in turn, stared right back at me. It bathed me gladly in its glorious rays, casting warm light upon me during moments of vulnerability. However, in reality, basking in the sun's rays has its limits—only until you feel the burn.

The same principle applies to his attention.

But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Allow me to introduce myself properly.

I am Cassandra Roman Elizabeth Viper—the most renowned assassin the city of Troy has ever known, the daughter of the equally infamous don in the surrounding area, and the self-proclaimed Fallen Favored of Apollo.

And this narrative? Well, this is my story.

I understand you might be wondering, "Who is this girl, and why should I care about her when I already know the city's dramatic tale?"

If I could, I'd probably roll my eyes and sigh, launching into a lengthy discourse about the Thirteen and the Gods, unraveling the fabric of lies woven into every significant event.

What if I disclosed that the entire city of Troy was a cover-up? A façade to conceal the missteps of a young god who misunderstood the meaning of "no" and a girl too eager to utter that word.

Would that change your perspective?

Would you want to be among the first to truly comprehend the gut-wrenching story of Troy?

Every day, I grapple with the question: when do I transition from being the reason to becoming the victim? When does the chaos cease to be solely my burden?

If only events had unfolded differently—so much could've been avoided. Yet, they didn't, and I'm weary of pretending otherwise. I'm tired of concealing the truth and sacrificing my own story, my own sanity.

The constant deluge of pity, coupled with the relentless reminders of everything I should have done differently, wears on me. No matter how much I reflect, no one truly grasps my role in this pivotal event, and perhaps that's for the better.

That is until the never-ending sorrow and pain of those times left a bitter taste, leaving me more broken and bruised than I initially believed possible. It fuels my weariness of everyone around me.

By sharing my story, I hope to lay everything to rest. Perhaps, through this disclosure, I can finally live the remainder of my existence in peace.

My story may not be the prettiest, and perhaps fate should have tied it neatly with a bow, free of entanglements, like any other girl's. Yet, instead, it unfolded in darkness, possibly sparking an uprising or two.

But I wouldn't have it any other way; it's what makes it uniquely mine. Despite the pain, pleasure, blood, and hard work, it illustrates why I'm proud of the person I am today.

Even with every mistake and wrongdoing, the outcome could never have been different.

For you to comprehend my perspective, we must return to the beginning—before the Gods and Fates unleashed their wrath upon my life.

To a time when everything was...

Simple.