Chapter one: An accident.

My job as a herbalist was never as interesting until this young nobleman stepped into the market today. His hair was as dark as night, his eyes as brown as chocolate, and his voice as deep as the ocean. He was charming. I stared at him for quite some time, until he noticed and stepped over to me gracefully.

"Hello," he spoke as softly as he could, "I'm looking for an anti-cough exlir. Can you provide me with one?" I never intended on falling in love, as it bored me, but I'm afraid that I've been enamored by him and his wit so easily. A few seconds pass by until I finally reply to the noble-man.

"Yes, I'm glad to say that I can," I said, smirking a bit. The man instantly lights up, flashing me with his gleaming smile, and prepares to pay for the exlir.  I stop him though, offering him the exlir for free. Although he falters for a bit, he eventually accepts it with a smile and says his byes to me. I felt bad for a second, considering the fact that the exlir wasn't what he thought it was.

Instead of the anti-cough exlir, I switched it out for a love potion in hopes of winning his affection. I knew that it would be an uphill battle since I'm lower station than he is, with no wealth or land to speak of, but I was ready to take my chances.

I watched him from the store windows, looking at him hop into his carriage, and....give the love potion to his wife?! Much to my dismay, his wife gulps it down, stares at me from the carriage, and smiles as the carriage pulls away.

What have I done...!?

<>

(A/N: I decided to make this chapter a bit longer, so please enjoy it :3 )

I let out a puff of air, striding out of my workplace with an annoyed expression plastered on my face. How could I have been so stupid? This would've never happened if I just gave that noble his exlir! I pushed past a few people, and finally made it to my comfort place.

My home.

Upon unlocking the front door, I was greeted with the most pleasant surprise. Ms. Whiskers, my favorite (and only), kitten! I flash a soft grin at the feline, swooping her off into my arms, and carrying her to my room with a chuckle.

I place her into my bed just before hopping in with her and begin to tell her about my day like I always do. Not sure if she understands me but I'm glad to have someone to talk to.

"Today," I started, "I met the most charming noble-man out there." Ms. Whiskers meowed in response. In my opinion, I feel like that just means to keep going, so I start back up.

"I tried to win his love over in a quite questionable way, but I attracted someone else instead.." I groaned, moving my hands over my face. Ms. Whiskers only squeaks this time, maybe she's bored with hearing about my day.

I peer out the window, facing the now-setting sun and all of its beauty. And from this very moment, I decided on something, something that could change my life forever.

"Hey, Ms. Whiskers?" I call out to the cat, looking at her brown eyes with determination.

The feline chirps in response.

"I'm going to find that noble-man's wife, looking as strong as ever, and apologize for what I've done!" I throw my fist in the air, feeling strong and mighty.

"And I'm bringing you with me!" I point at the feline with a gleeful smile, and just for a second, I swear she talks back. I could be imagining things, but anything goes in a world full of magic.