The Bait

Written by StarSpider007

"This milkshake looks almost too pretty to be a milkshake" Kaia said, she could feel the sun warming her hair. She stared at the milkshake in her hands, trying to tell what ingredients Zane could have used to make it, all decorated for Lloyd's birthday, who had asked on making the monastery as a candyland for the celebration.

"You're almost too pretty to be human" Pixal interrupted Kaia's concentration on figuring out how Zane could do such a pretty thing, when she heard Pixal's comment, Kaia blushed hardly and laughed nervously, Pixal smiled in satisfaction with Kaia's reaction.

Nya and Lloyd were fighting on the pool, it had started as a joke, but now it seemed serious. Jay screamed every time they accidentally hit him, meanwhile Orano laughed at the scene, Kai was sitten near Kaia and Pixal, drinking his milkshake which Kai was 90% sure it wasn't alcohol free, somewhere on the  back, Zane was cooking Lloyd's favorite food while Cole tried to eat some, although Zane would slap his hand every time he was close to grabbing some. Alzenara hadn't bothered to come, and Morro was avoiding the water by relaxing under a tree shadow, reading an odd book about plants.or so it seems,we will never know what dark secrets hide in this book about plants,is it even about plants?Soon they'll all be singing happy birthday to Lloyd with a big cake. The 'big guy' as Lloyd called himself, was finally turning 18, although Kaia sometimes had the feeling that mentally, he was 13.

Kaia looked around, maybe they were tired after fighting dead-eye,urela,Vania, chammile and many others,maybe they weren't completely ok, but they had each other and that was enough.

-

"Kaia... Kaia... Kaia!"

"YES! I'm here! Present!" Kaia's thoughts were interrupted by Sora, who seemed stupidly concerned about her, guessing by the surroundings, they had started making the bait.

"Woah, I really zoned out didn't I?" She asked, Sora, Nya and Zane nodded, Kaia sighed, "Sorry, sorry I just-" She saw the little picture of Pixal next to Zane, a mix of feelings like guilt and frustration surrounded Kaia, she soon felt Zane's freezing hand over her back.

"It's alright Kaia, I miss her too... a lot" He said, Kaia showed a slight smile towards him, Zane smiled back before both went back to work.

The bait looked pretty much like Ryu already, although it wasn't completely done yet, now they mainly just had to check if the audio worked correctly, Nya and Sora had recorded some audio of Ryu groaning for the bait. Sora had epically coded everything the bait did so it would look like a real dragon.

"Well guys, it's time now..." Nya said, the others nodded, although they weren't completely sure about how the bait would sound. Sora lowered the volume of her hearing aids, while Nya covered her ears. Kaia imitated her and prepared himself for the audio test, Zane didn't react at all tho.

"Ready?" Sora asked as she was about to turn on the bait, "Ready" The others echoed, Sora nodded and sighed as she felt flashbacks from the time the sound of her droid was accidentally too loud, enough to leave her deaf. She turned it on, and unlike what they thought, a little groaning came from the bait's mouth, really cute that sounded just like Ryu, Nya and Sora hugged each other before doing the special salute they had in celebration, Zane smiled and Kaia relaxed, it had worked just right.

"Time to instal it with the bounty" Kaia said, in that moment, Ryu entered the room, and went with the bait, he groaned at it and smiled, the bait echoed what he did, making Ryu uncomfortable and his expression changed to disapproval, Sora laughed and hugged the small dragon.