Shut Up and Dance🌸

Snow falling from the sky, bright multicolored lights everywhere, speakers and other decorations; a party was being hosted tonight!
The cause for this made-up-family reunion? The owner of the place and our favorite white and blue wearing Mario recolor: SMG4.

To no one's surprise, he was dressed with his usual attire, getting scolded by Meggy for his lack of creativity, to which he answered that it was "reverse psychology". Meggy didn't bother continuing this pointless argument. She could bet her whole house that SMG4 had no idea what that even is.

At the last minute, he was finalizing the mural decorations. Banners and garlands were hanging on the walls. SMG4 buffed his chest, rather proud of what he had done. As he descended back down, he stepped in front of the center to get a better look at the result. It was magnificent. He pulled out a little notepad and a pencil from under his cap. He finally crossed everything out of the checklist.

Christmas tree? Check. Speakers? Check. Garlands? Check. Banners? Check. As he continued reading the list, he hummed, satisfied that it was all good and checked out. Plus, he still had time to get ready for the party! So without wasting any more time, he took his 'best outfit', which was an exact replica of his signature one, and added a little white bowtie. After all, white is to represent snow? Yeah that'll do as an answer if anyone bothers asking.

It was now 8:30 pm. Only SMG4, Meggy and Mario were here. Mario's outfit used the same logic as SMG4, adding a green bowtie. He and Luigi were matching, with Luigi wearing a red bowtie. Even though Mario doesn't show it, he really does care about his brother, and shows it in small ways. SMG4's train of thought was abruptly interrupted by a familiar feminine voice.

"Hey, Four! When are the others gonna show up?"
The party thrower hummed, digging through his brain to remember anything that could work as an answer. He lifted a finger, as if it suddenly came back to him. But nothing came out of his mouth. She just face planted, sitting on the stairs and scrolling through her phone. Soon, Mario sat next to her, a plate of spaghetti in hand. SMG4 sighed.

Yeah... he should've probably been more clear regarding the time. But hey! He's got some extra time to add some details. But what? Everything seemed flawless. As he looked around, crossing his arms and crossing his legs, his eyes quickly landed on one of the speakers. The Christmas playlist! He could add some things, after all. Maybe five hundred songs aren't enough. Before his thoughts had the chance to spiral into any sort of conspiracy, he decided on adding a few songs that came to his mind.

Before the party was officially settled, he did ask some members of his gang to prepare a list of songs they'd like, adding almost all of them. Except SMG3 did send his a little late, causing SMG4 to forget about it until now. Perfect timing, he figured that taking care of it now could be smart. So that's what he did.

SMG3's list was oddly coherent and short. Songs that were perfect for the dancefloor, actually. SMG4's sighed happily, before adding them to the playlist.

When he was done, some of his friends had already arrived. Luigi, Tari and Saiko were chatting with Mario and Meggy. SMG4 didn't understand why, but he was oddly excited for someone's arrival. He tried to ignore it, denial swallowing him whole. He knew very well who he waited for. The one he was going to ask to dance. As he was daydreaming, probably looking like he was staring at the love of his life, a stupid smile creeping on his face, blush making his blue eyes pop out. Meggy noticed it and left the little group to go check on SMG4 who was sitting on one of the chairs at the dinner table. His face rested in his hand as he gazed at the wall in front of him. She stood there, perplexed. Waving her hand in front of him, she made him jump and yelp.

"So... Who are you fantasizing about, uh?" She sneered, bending over to mock him even more. He shook his head violently, avoiding eye contact. "No one! No one." He crossed his arms and rested his head in them. She grabbed a chair and sat across from him. "Who's getting kissed by you under the mistletoe tonight, uh?"