five.

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

chris hadn't ran into the brunette girl with the intentions of ending up on top of her but now that he was, he wasn't complaining. it took makayla a moment to realise what was happening and, when she locked eye contact with the boy, she frowned and shoved him.

''get off of me!''

he smirked. ''don't like this view?''

''not particularly.'' she said before smiling lightly. ''i can see up your nose.''

''no, you can't.''

''chris, get off me!'' she said irritably. ''we're going to lose the game!''

''no, you won't.'' he said. ''you still have the ball.''

she looked behind her and, sure enough, the ball was still resting in her net. clearly nobody else knew that because they were going crazy looking for the ball, barely even registering that a boy was still lying on top of a girl.

''yeah, and i need to win the game, so move.''

''you still don't want to kiss me?''

''no.''

he moved his knee further up. ''still no?''

she tensed, feeling something stirring in her stomach as his knee brushed the inside of her thigh. she could feel her face heating up and, judging by the grin appearing on his face, she was turning red. she looked away from him, putting her hand on his arm.

''chris.'' she whispered.

''you want to now?'''

''i want to finish the game.''

''makayla.'' he whispered. ''don't fight it.''

she was silent for a moment, looking up at him. he began to lean in and she could feel butterflies as she closed her eyes. she felt his lips brush her cheek, and then the weight that had been on top of her lifted. she opened her eyes and briefly saw chris grab the ball from her net and begin running across the field.

she scrambled to her feet, immediately chasing him but she wasn't fast enough to catch up with his head start, and he threw the ball into the net...scoring a goal. the coach blew the whistle, signaling that the game was over as a tie and she threw her stick to the ground in anger.

''suck on this, kayla!'' chris yelled with a laugh, putting his middle finger up at her.

she didn't even bother to reply - she was angry with chris, but she was more angry with herself for letting him distract her. she was stuck in her hatred for a while before she felt somebody tap her shoulder and she turned to see matt stood there, his helmet in his hand.

''you played good, mak. don't worry about the last goal.'' he said comfortingly.

she smiled lightly. ''thanks, matt. you were also good.''

''you were both brilliant!'' nick suddenly exclaimed, pulling them both into a hug. ''you're going to make the team, for sure!''

ryan dapped up matt, letting him know he was proud of him before putting his arm around makayla. ''i've never saw a girl play lacrosse like her life depends on it until now.''

''i love lacrosse.'' she said simply. ''but stupid chris-''

''stupid chris?'' chris echoed, coming to join his friends. ''you're the one who got distracted.''

''you distracted me, asshole!''

''don't blame me!''

''if i don't make the team because of you, chris, i swear i will actually kill you!''