Chapter 6

Hello!

Hope you all are well!

This story outline was drafted almost three years ago and  I had started and re-started a couple of times unsuccessfully too. For some unknown reason, I was taken away from completing the story many times. I was not able to move on  to write something new leaving this incomplete. So, I have decided to turn the hints of chapters I had prepared into small chapters and see this story to the end. No compromises in what I had planned, just a quick ending. I am gonna post up to chapter 9 today (so plz check out all 4). By next week, I will post the rest of the chapters too. I aim to complete the story before the year's end. 

With new hope that this new year will encourage me to write a new story, I am looking forward to your support and kind words.

Thank you

Did you miss me? Did I miss something? Feel free to comment or drop in DM here or on Instagram.

P.S. No proofread. Sorry about that. Feel free to point out the mistakes or inconsistencies. 

*****

Chapter 6

I thought that once I came clean in front of Advay I don't have to face the anxiety or guilt of pretense. However, today I was dealing with an addition of a new emotion – embarrassment.

I was given the script last night on what I should be saying in front of the media about business and personal life. One paragraph also briefed me on what I should say if I was asked how much I love Advay and how happy I am to be engaged to him. While I had no trouble mugging them up out of practice, I felt the whole idea extremely humiliating considering Advay knows that no word out of my mouth tomorrow in the meeting is my own.

I always convinced myself that everything was back to normal once I confronted Advay. My pep talks only involved growing a spine to talk to Advay. However, this turn of events was something I didn't expect. I thought that once Advay Singh Rajput knew what a liar I was, it was the end of everything. I didn't expect such a (lack of) reaction from Advay.

I knew that my love for my mother had bound me into the farce and I wondered what exactly was binding Advay from not doing the right thing.

Throughout the part, I could feel Advay's eyes following me wherever I went. It was not the judgemental gaze I am used to my whole life from others, it was the gaze of curiosity and it unnerved me. It was as if he was trying to peel off a layer of my soul to look deep inside. I tried to stay away from Advay as much as one can stay away from their new fiancé at a party as this. But, more than often, we found ourselves in each other's presence, engaging in common conversation.

"Isn't it, Kiara?" Advay smirked after he ended up delivering a long, monologue about newly updated statistics of importing processed meat to a gang of three by throwing a question at me. He very well knows that the topic in question is beyond the current project I am supposedly heading so I will have no clue about it.

I have mastered the art of not letting my face show the anxiety my heart felt. So, I maintained a practiced smile as I put my hand between the crook of his arms and said, "Dare I not disagree with what you say, love." I made sure to look at our audience with mirth in my eyes so they for sure knew that I was humoring my beloved fiancé. "I am still too blinded by the sparkles of my solitaire to pay attention to the latest news." I waved dismissively displaying my big, bright, engagement ring.

This earned me chuckles and smirks from our company. Why not, because shallow jokes to flaunt unnecessary wealth make the life of such parties.

I turned to Advay to find him grinning at me. Only a closer look will reveal that he was rather gritting his teeth with contempt.