Three

The following day, Micha was curled up next to me in my room as I read a romance novel. Adagio and I have not seen each other since this morning.

I was content and at ease even though I had to do something I did not want to. I never had depression or obsessive worry about things. I let it go and accept it, whether I like it or not. What else can we do? Waste our happy lives? That's a no no.

A knock on the door startled me. Micha was startled by the sudden noise and let out a bark. "Come in," I said, closing my book. One of the maids entered the room, holding a box.

My curiosity piqued, and I asked her, "What's that, Mary?" Mary let out a soft laugh. I approached her and she handed me the box, saying, "Master asked me to give it to you."

Unknowingly, a smile appeared on my face. "Thank you, Mary," I said with a smile. "Master said he'll be home at 1 p.m. to pick you up," she said, as my head snapped back into place. I had completely forgotten about it.

 My gaze was drawn to the clock, which read 11:45. I exclaimed. I haven't taken a bath yet because I was too lazy to move from my bed, which offered me a lot of comfort.

"Thank you so much for reminding me," I said to her, mentally planning what to do first. "Your welcome, Madam," she said. "It's Aster to you!" I yelled as I ran to my closet and heard her fragile laugh before the door shut. 

I quickly showered. I didn't open the box yet because I wanted it to be a surprise or perhaps a reward for my quick shower. I started with my makeup. I wanted to keep it simple. Soft and nude colors have always looked good on me.

I wore my hair in a neat bun and adorned it with pearl accessories. I squealed as the time came for me to open the box. I took it out and saw an elegant back dress. I squeaked with happiness and dashed to try it. 

It was a perfect fit for me. It had an off-shoulder design with a slit until my mid-thighs and pearls were scattered around the dress. It was flawless. I squealed with delight, I was looking good.

It was already 12:50 when I finished. I grabbed my clutch and made my way down the stairs. Mary approached me with a surprised expression, making me feel a little shy. "You look lovely, my pet," she said, smiling at me. "Thank you, Mary," I murmured softly with a timid smile. 

I sat and waited for Adagio. I was excited to see him when I heard his car pull up at 1 p.m. Sharp. We haven't spent much time together, and my heart desires that we spend time getting to know each other well. But I know it won't happen. So I rather not have hopes on anything regarding him and I.

Adagio entered the house and seemed to be prepared for the event. He was a dominant and powerful, curel and cold man who was feared and respected, and all he had to do was say it to make it happen.

Except for his family and close friends, he was too intimidating for anyone on this planet. He wore a black suit with pearls scattered on one side of his coat, just like mine. 

Are we matching? I exclaimed internally and blushed. He was dressed in a white shirt, no tie, and his first two buttons were undone. He wore a silver chain that emphasized his masculinity. He also wore a black chain watch with diamonds inside, which matched his suit. His hair was combed yet messy.

I stared at him in awe, wondering how he could agree to marry a girl like me when he is a man like no other. Nobody can compete with him in terms of looks or power.

He abruptly turned his head towards me. My eyes widen in embarrassment. I lowered my gaze and was fiddling with my clutch when I noticed his gaze on me, which made me nervous.

 I looked up to see his darkened eyes staring at me. He exhaled while biting his lips. "Come," he said, turning his heels. I shuffled behind him, mouthing a 'bye' to Mary. These heels are not very comfortable; they already hurt, and I'm not sure how long I can keep them on.