Chapter 3: Love is in the air

TW: SUIDICIAL THOUGHTS, AND SUIDICIAL ATTEMPT

- - -

Anna-Rose sat at her 1st class dinner table and saw blankly at her food and thought 

'I am seeing my whole life as if I'd already lived it. An endless parade of parties and cotillions yachts and polo matches. Always the same narrow people, the same mindless chatter. I feel like I was standing at a great precipice with no one to pull me back. No one who cared or even noticed.' 

So abruptly she sat up the table and went back to her stateroom she went in and was screaming and yelling because her life was miserable and while yelling she destroyed her necklace, and her hair before was in a messy bun which was now all messy a...

So abruptly she sat up the table and went back to her stateroom she went in and was screaming and yelling because her life was miserable and while yelling she destroyed her necklace, and her hair before was in a messy bun which was now all messy and all over her face. 

She looked at herself in the mirror and immediately she knew what she had to do.

- - -

Anna-Rose was running to wherever her legs would carry her. 

She was breathing heavily and sobbing softly she thought to herself 'My life has no more meaning. Might as well do suicide, because if I die no one will mourn for me, and if I die I won't marry Woody, but still will give enough money to fulfill the necessities of the rest of my family for a little while until they have a steady well paid job.'

And while she was running there was a bench and Jake Lighter-Hudson was there peacefully smoking a cigarette and with all of the peace in the world seeing the night sky and the stars. 

When out of the blue a similar red-headed, 1st class, young woman was running like if there was no tomorrow. 

So he stood up from the bench and followed this woman, and it seemed like if she was going through the railing to jump and she seemed reluctant to do so, but like she wanted to do it. And as she was about to do it Jake said "Don't do it." 

Anna-Rose replied saying "Stay back. Don't come any closer." she said with a slight of anxiousness in her voice.

" she said with a slight of anxiousness in her voice

"Come on. Just give me your hand. I'll pull you back over." 

"No! Stay where you are. I mean it. I'll let go." She threated and then Jake since he still had his cigarette he threw it off the ship and into the icy, cold water.