Chapter 1: From her window

The sun was going down, the aroma of cookings from every angle took over the atmosphere, it was evening time and every home was filled with happiness.

         Staring out her room window, Ava stared at the neighbors kids hanging out, she had always wanted to go on a sleepover, sneak out and do what every other kid does, but confined to a chair her whole life, life had her stuck in this annoying chair.

A girl who watched the world from her room window, her parents moved to a storey building for her to be able to see the world from the comfort of her home

She watched as her elder sister, Stella, alight from a black car, dressed in a mini skirt that barely covered her thigh, and a crop top, she had make-up on and her hair was down unlike her dressing at home, she lied about having a class just to hang out with her new boyfriend.

Ava frowned and watched as she rushed to the entrance of the house putting on a long pleated skirt to cover her skirt, she wore a big hoddie on it and made her hair into a bun, she cleaned her make-up and ran inside.

She heard the door open and turned her she'll chair to see Stella walk in, "Stella is that you!!", Their mum, Mrs Smith asked from the kitchen, "it's me mum", Stella replied changing her heels into a home slipper, placing her second finger on her lips, she hushed Ana, to keep quiet.

"Did you stop by somewhere else when you were coming from the class?", Mrs Smith said walking into the living room, "obviously not, I just went to get a note from Kimberly at her house", Stella said and Mrs Smith frowned turning to Stella.

"Who is Kimberly?!!", Mrs Stella asked and Stella rolled her eyes, "Kimberly is my friend", Stella said with a frown.

"Well I do not know Kimberly!", Mrs Stella said with a questioning look on her face, "Mom you do not need to know Kimberly!, Kimberly is my class mate, you can call Mr Lee to confirm it!, Stella said and Mrs Smith smiled mischievously.

"Well I contacted Mr Lee and he told me he's not in the country, he went to Korea last week, how could he have possibly lead a class when he's in Korea?, Stella where on Earth were you last night, I should have known when you said it was a 12 hours trip, how dare you fool your own mother!!", Mrs Stella yelled and Stella was startled.

"Okay I got it, I went on a sleepover at Kimberly's house, that's the truth", Stella said and Mrs Smith frowned, "give me your phone!!", Mrs Smith said stretching her hand and opened her palm, Stella took a step back placing her phone on her chest.

"Mom, I know Kimberly, she dropped Stella off just now, I saw her", Ava lied and Mrs Smith wasn't impressed, the smell of rice burning filled the living room, "It's not over Stella, I'll be back",  Mrs Smith said and rushed to the kitchen.

"Thanks Sis, should I get you something next time?, Like a necklace or something?", Stella said smiling as she slumped on the couch, Ava gave no reply as she wheeled her self to her room, her wheelchair made squeaky sounds as she did, she opened her door and went in slamming her door, "what is up with her!", Stella said and typed away on her phone.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

At dinner

         The family sat together at the dining and ate in silence, it was a routine for the Smith's, they always maintained this table manner, a policy laid by late Mr Smith.

Stella stopped eating and walked to her room typing on her phone as she hit her head on the wall, she opened the door to her room and left it open slightly.

"I'm done eating too", Ava said and wheeled her chair to Stella's room, Mrs Smith sighed as she watched Ava struggle to push the wheel chair, it was old, she needed a new one, they made squeaky sounds Everytime she used them and kind of alerted people when she was coming.

Ava opened the door slowly and went in closing the door.

"Oh babe I'll call you later, kk bye!!", Stella said on the phone and cut the call, "what are you doing in my room?", Stella asked and Ava sighed.

"I saw you get out of Adam's car earlier", Ava said and Stella scoffed, "Adam?, How do you know his name?", Stella asked, "I've heard you call that name countless times, when you are on the phone, so I know he's your boyfriend", Ava sighed and Stella smirked.

"Okay, so?", Stella asked putting her phone away, "you keep lying to Mum just to go out with a guy?, Aren't you aware of the fact that Betty, the neighbor's Daughter was murdered by her own boyfriend?, Going out in the night is bad, I'm not against you going out in the day but the night is dangerous, and the worst thing is, we don't even know where you are at, what if something goes wrong?, And Adam, Mum doesn't know him, neither do I, so it's probably not safe to hang out with someone like him at night", Ava said and Stella frowned and stood up from her bed.

"What did you just say?, Someone like him?, How dare you speak of Adam like that?, What do you know?, What exactly do you know go coach me about my boyfriend?, He's my boyfriend stay out this!", Stella yelled and Ava frowned.

"I'm not against him, I'm just telling you to be cautious", Ava said and Stella and laughed, "I think I know what is wrong with you", Stella said and walked to Ava slowly, "you are just jealous because you can't get up from this fucking chair!", Stella said and Ava was shocked, hearing this from her own sister broke her heart.

"What!", Ava said and Stella smiled, "yes, that's it, you are always jealous of my freedom, I have friends, you don't, I have a boyfriend, you don't!, Nothing is going your way, you have no one by your side so you are envious, of my freedom, my freedom!!!, You wish to be me, but you can't, I know you want to live like me, so you are trying to stop me from living a free life", Stella said and Tears welled up in Ava's eyes.

"Yes!, You are right!, I'm so jealous of your life that I hate the fact that I'm confined to this darn chair, and I blame no one for it!, But Stella.....if I was given a chance to walk and to live like you do?.....I would rather stay in this chair! For....ever!!!!", Ava yelled and Stella frowned.

"What is so wrong with my way of living?", Stella yelled and Ava smiled tears falling from her eyes and rolling down her cheeks, "your way of living is way too.......I don't know but you are wasting the gift you were given and the one I was not, if I was given these feets, I would earn and support mom!

Aren't you supposed to be ashamed of yourself?, You are 20 yes old and you are still in high school?, You should be ashamed instead of making life harder for mom!", Ava yelled and Stella slapped her as her cheek turned red.

An explosion sound came from outside and they were startled, Stella ran to the living room, Ava tailed behind struggling to push her wheel chair, "what is wrong Stella?!!!!", Ava yelled, "it's.........Daisy Mart...has collapsed!!!!, It exploded...... the kindergarten too!!!!!", Stella screamed as Ava got to the window, she couldn't believe her eyes.

Three building had collapsed, a church, a supermarket and a kindergarten, places that had the most crowd.

"Mom!!!!!!!!!!........Mom!!!!!!,.......", Ava screamed tears falling endlessly on her cheeks, Stella couldn't seem to understand the situation, "what about Mom?, Why do you keep calling Mom!?", Stella asked and Ava tried to wheel her chair and ended up falling, crying and crawling, she had mucus coming out of her nose, and her shirt was covered in tears.

"Ava!!!, Where is Mom!!!!", Stella yelled tears trickling down her eyes,
"Ava you stupid witch!!, Where is Mom!!!?".

"She's in.........da....isy...sy...mart", Ava stammered as she started to hiccup, Explosion sounds came from every direction and no doubt it was their house next.

Stella looked out the window and ran to the door, "Stella!!!, Don't leave me!!!", Ava cried, crawling on the floor as Stella ran out leaving the door open.

And that was when it started
The ending of the world.

A war they had no idea of, but had to run to survive, that was when betrayal started to occur, a crucial part Ava has to play.