Sneaking Out

"Adrien, are you sure we should be doing this?" Whispered his Kwami. It was the middle of the night and the city was pitch black outside, despite this, Adrien Agreste was wide awake with Plagg at his side.

"I can't stay cooped up in this house all day, Plagg. And if dad won't let me go out during the day, then I'll have to settle for the night." He said as he quietly got up from his bed, making sure to stay on his toes to prevent any floorboards from creaking.

"But what if your dad catches you?"

"Relax Plagg, one thing about my father that I can guarantee is that he's very strict with his routine. I've never seen him break his sleep schedule ever during the past few years."

"Well...if you say so," Plagg said as the duo escaped through his bedroom window.

Adrien took a deep breath of relief as he felt the cool air on his face, he gazed at the night sky which stretched out for miles. He committed the feeling to memory, finally being free after getting out of that depressing house.

"Okay, we're outside. Now what? Can we go to the cheese bakery down the street?"

"Plagg, can you ever think about anything other than cheese? Plus they wouldn't be open at this time anyway."

His Kwami grumbled in response, earning an eye roll from the blonde haired boy. "I'll get you some tomorrow after school. Now focus. We only have a few hours, gotta make the most of it."

Plagg kept eying the cheese bakery, until an idea popped into his head. "Let's check out the lake near the bakery. You don't wanna stray too far from your house, right?"

"Hmm, that is true, if Dad ever finds out, I'll be like a prisoner in my own home. Good idea Plagg." Listening to his friend's suggestion, he jogged over to the lake, taking in its beauty and admiring the sparkling surface of the water.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Adrien, Plagg continued to slowly inch towards the bakery.

CRASH!

Adrien whipped his head around towards the noise and was shocked that not only was Plagg not by his side, but that the front window of the bakery had been shattered. "Plagg, you nutcase!" he said while running into the bakery.

Once inside he was greeted with the sight of Plagg already halfway through a wheel of cheese, "Plagg what on earth are you doing?! What happened to playing it safe?!"

"Sorry Adrien," he said with a mouthful of cheese, "I just couldn't resis-," was all he could get out before both stopped talking, and started listening to voices outside.

"Who's there? This is officer Roger. Come out with your hands in the air!"

"Crap Plagg, a cop is here!"

"Aww but I'm not even done with my cheese," he whined.

Adrien held himself back from scolding his friend more. "Forget it! Just transform, I have an idea." With that Adrien spoke the words needed, "Plagg, claws out," and Adrien Agreste was replaced with Cat Noir.

"I'm warning you, come out right no-"

"Easy officer, please don't shoot. I only have nine lives," he said as he walked out with his hands in the air and his usual confidence building up.

"O-oh, Cat Noir. What're you doing here? I heard a crash and thought it might be a robber."

"A-a robber, yes that's exactly what it was. Luckily I was here to stop him from stealing any money. Too bad he was able to smash the window and escape." He eyed the cop and relaxed as he saw him believing his story.

"Oh, well I guess you can't catch them all. Too bad about the window though, I'm sure the owners aren't gonna like that."

"W-well it looks like the robber dropped some money over there."

"Where?"

"It was just here, I saw him drop it somewhere around here. It's kinda dark, help me look."

Soon both were squinting their eyes and looking for this supposed 'dropped money'. In the corner Cat Noir slowly pulled out some money from his back pocket.

Having a father like his meant that his allowance was usually higher that most students his age, plus he felt somewhat responsible for Plagg breaking the window and figured it was the least he could do. He sneakily placed it behind the distracted cop.

"Oh it's right here! Thanks a lot Cat Noir, I'm sure the owners will appreciate it."

"No problem, well this cat's gotta get back to his nap," he said while waving goodbye to the officer, before turning behind a building.

Transforming back, he let out a sigh of relief. "Well that could've gone worse," Plagg said sheepishly.

"Yeah, I'm sure it could've," Adrien replied with a slight hint of annoyance.

With that the duo stealthily headed back to their house, and collapsed on their bed immediately. Adrien was content that he got a chance to get out from under his father's grasp, and Plagg was happy...he got cheese.

As the adrenaline started leaving him, he was quick to drift off to sleep.

Tomorrow Morning

BEEP BEEP BEE-

He pushed down on his clock, shutting off the annoying alarm. He felt groggier than usual, due to a few less hours of sleep. But thinking back to last night, he felt it was worth it.

He took the stairs down and said "Good morning," to both his father and Nathalie, who were already having breakfast and watching the news.

Pulling up a chair and some cereal, he listened to the reporter on the screen.

"And in this morning's news, it seems there was an attempted robbery last night at Paris' local cheese bakery. Luckily Cat Noir was able to foil the thief's plan..."

"It seems Cat Noir has his hands full during nights as well. Doesn't that cat ever sleep," said his father.

Adrien couldn't help but quietly chuckle to himself at his father's comment. He also was in a good mood as he played last night's events over in his head. He knew things didn't go exactly as planned, but he was still able to let loose. And more importantly, he had a fun night with his best friend.