Aftermath

Plagg watched the blanket and the pillows in front of him move up and down, he knew Adrien was doing well to muffle his voice, but anyone could tell he was crying.

He had gotten into another fight with his father, it started with the usual, him wanting to head out with a friend tomorrow. But as usual his father shut it down immediately.

Except the 'friend' that had invited Adrien was Marinette, she wanted to go shopping for Nino's birthday, and since he and Adrien were good friends, she figured he would know him best.

Marinette had helped him out multiple times (and sometimes even Cat Noir), so he didn't want to turn her down the one time she asked for help.

Which was why he might have tried to convince her father more than usual this time. Making him snap and lose his temper, words were said, hurtful words, and he was sent to his room.

He kept a strong face with his father, and even ignored Nathalie's excuses for his father as he walked to his room, but once inside he couldn't keep his composure.

Slowly the tears started coming out and his chest started heaving. He tried making it stop by putting a hand over his mouth, but it wasn't enough.

Despite living with Plagg for so long, he still didn't want him to see him crying, hence the blanket and pillows.

Plagg knew his friend was hurting, and that pained him as well, but what hurt more, was how he didn't know how to comfort him.

Most of his classmates knew Adrien had a stricter home life than usual, but because they never got to see him in his vulnerable moments, they always assumed he was used to it by now.

He did well to play off his father's rules, but Plagg saw the way his mood would change ever so slightly when he couldn't make it to another outing, or how his head would start to hang low when he had to turn down weekend plans.

No matter how many times he had been through this, it hurt, and it continued to hurt him everyday.

His Kwami slowly approached his bedside, "I'm sure Marinette will understand. She knows how your dad can be."

Adrien didn't respond.

As much as he loved being a Kwami and the powers that came with it, it was times like these that made him wish he had a more humanoid figure. Kwamis weren't exactly able to give hugs or physically console humans. Instead he decided to settle for lightly patting his head.

"It's not that, Plagg. I know Marinette will understand...it's...it's just my father. I've been listening to him my entire life, obeying his rules, I just wish he would ease up on me," he finally said from under the blanket.

He didn't say anything in response and simply continued patting his head. The only thing he could do was provide an ear for his friend.

Plagg knew better than to ask him not to cry, to cheer up, or to keep it together. He knew the importance of crying and validating one's feelings.

So he did.

Adrien had lifted his blanket ever so slightly, enough for Plagg to squeeze in next to his face, earning him a half-hearted smile from the blonde-haired boy.

Holding onto his Kwami and pulling him close, he gave into a sobbing fit. Letting the tears fall down his face and not caring who heard or saw him. Plagg stuck to him to the whole times, until the sobs grew quieter and quieter and he drifted off to sleep.