*+*Too Quiet*+*

(POV: Alex and Elixa already forgave each other after Philips death)

A/N: REALLY SHORT BUT I NEEDED THIS IDEA TO GET IN WRITING

~~~~~

Eliza sits on a bench in the garden of her new home. They just moved uptown to escape the torture of the busy city life.

She had a book in her hand, but all she could do was stare at the pages, reading the same sentence over and over again, but it wasn't registering in her brain.

She sighed and shut the book, looking over to her garden, slightly admiring all the work she did with Angie and AJ.

As she looked up, she saw her husband walk over quietly and sit beside her, hesitantly putting his arm around her waist.

"You okay, sweetheart?" He asks softly, giving the side of her head a quick kiss before scanning her face for any sort of reaction.

Eliza just looks at him and sighs sadly. "Yeah... I'm okay... it's really quiet out here." She says, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Alex smiles a little. "Yeah, Philip would have loved it." He chuckles.

Eliza looks up at him, now confused. "No, he wouldn't have -" she mumbles, feeling offended on behalf of her deceased son.

Alex looks shocked. "What do you mean he wouldn't have? He loved the quiet. He was always asking for quiet -" he tries to defend himself, but doesn't want to start an argument. Not while Eliza is in this state.

"Philip was always reading in the living room when Johnny and Will were playing. He loved to study to Angelicas piano. He read outloud to his brothers almost every day. He lived in noise. He loved it. He told me it was strange whenever it was quiet - even at school." Eliza tells her husband.

Alex looks dumbfounded. Did he really not know that much about his son? "Then why did he ask for quiet when I was home?" He asks.

"Probably because if he didn't, you would talk until he couldn't get work done. Or you would talk about something he had no interest in, like everything Jefferson does at work. You know we hate hearing you berate other people to make yourself look smarter. We know you're smart, we know you're great, but that doesn't mean you have to put others around you down all the time..." Eliza explains softly.

She stands and smoothes her dress. "I'll let you sit on that for a while."

And he does. He sits there for almost an hour, thinking about the times he thought he was spending quality time with his son. He realized that almost every time he tried in the last few years, Philip would create an excuse, even about the quiet. His own son lied to him. And he didn't even realize it because he didn't know his son at all.