Artist Oniisan

Chapter 1

The day started like usually, a gloomy walk to work and putting on the fake facade of happiness was a normal occurrence with the star of the show. Though something about today seemed off. Everyone on the usual cast was chattering a storm in the corner of communal break room. Something was definitely off, it wasn't everyday that something like this occurred.

Listening into the conversations that spat back and forth like wild fire, Uramichi could only retain the words "new host" and "she". Were they serious about to receive a new host, a new younger face to replace him? It started to irritate him, though he decided to walk off and let it go. After all it was probably just from the "peer news network" again.

As he walked he noticed a room right next to his the door covered in flowers and splats of paint like an unfinished canvas, out of confusion and curiosity he looked up. Everything hit him like a flash bang as he read "Green Room: Eva-Oneesan". He stood in front of the door as the faint sounds of classical music poured out.

"Eva....?" He murmured underneath his sigh. So, the rumors were not some type of ruse. There was a new Oneesan after all. He stood in front of the door dissociating and thinking of what was the proper reasoning to what was happening.

Uramichi didn't even notice Eddie talking to him. As he got out of his essential crisis, he gently turned his head to him.

"Yea, what's up?" Uramichi questioned in mid fog.

"So, I wanted to give the script for today's episode. The director also wanted me to mention that you will have a new cohost. Which he also added some information on her as well." Eddie said with a cheerful tone like usual as he attempted to hand the script to the host.

Uramichi looked over at him with a lifeless expression. "Co-host?"

"Yea, it was all the weekend director's idea. I think you should take as well the opportunity to get to know her. Since she will be leading 'Together with Maman' with you."

Instead of initially getting pissed like he intended, he put on the cheerful mask to hide his inner intrusive thoughts. "Sounds lovely, a new face with truly spruce up the place, yea?" He quickly grabbed the script and started to walk off to his green room. He started to get dressed for the day a head, before hearing next door a loud crash and the door slam. Uramichi seemed to just let the incident fly off without a thought.

As he pulled his shirt on, Usahara and Kumantini burst through his door. Uramichi's expression went from lifeless to displeased.

"Next time please knock." He proclaimed furiously happy.

Usahara was in his usual rowdy manner, it often annoyed the other cast members. That at this point it went from bullying to straight mobbing.

"Uramichi, dude did you hear about this new chick they hired. Seems like the weekend director really knows how to pick'em." Usahara said in his skater dude Kyle persona. Like what is he trying to be? "I caught a glimpse of her before she walked to her room. A true dim piece of a woman, short though."

"And this concern me? How?" Uramichi blinked.

"I think I may found a girl really worth putting my time in-"

"He broke into her green room, while she shirtless and painting." Kumantini said in a monotone voice. "Then she threw an entire bucket of blue paint at him. Seems reasonable with him breaking and entering."

Usahara looked over in disbelief. "I did no-"

"He picked the lock to her room. Telling me he just wanted another glance." Kumantini said with his monotone.