A Moon Princess

[Start of Chapter]

(Hah... I feel tired...)

(Just why did he even give me that job, in the first place...? It's not even a part of my work!)

(The business world sure is a cruel part of my life...)

I sighed for the umpteenth time today as I walked through the dark pathway, with the dim light coming from the houses as the only source of light---other than the moon, of course.

I looked over to my right, seeing a house and the shadows beneath the curtains. If my memory served me right, this house consisted of a family of four.

(So, they have two kids, huh...)

A faint smile surfaced to my face as I soon remembered the memory of my childhood. It was a pretty distant yet colorful time, if I could brag. All I had in mind back then was to know what the fastest was to be an adult since I didn't like being a kid at that time.

Not being told to do something by anyone.

Had the time in the world to be able to do anything.

Also... having money to buy anything I wanted.

But now?

I couldn't help but to chuckle as I realized that one of my deepest wishes right now was to return back to my childhood times.

I was told to do many things, of course. But all of them were useful and fun in their own way.

I wasn't given much free time, but when I did get one, I was able to use it efficiently and had the most fun with my friends.

I didn't have any money on my own, but when I asked my parents nicely, they just gave me a smile and told me to buy something, while also telling me to buy something for myself with the changes.

But to be honest...

Those weren't really the main reason as to why I wanted to feel the past again.

(It's because...)

Stopping on my tracks, I slowly looked up to the dark sky---toward the bright white moon.

"...The moon's quite pretty tonight."

I said to myself, before shaking my head and continued my steps.

Houses by houses, fences by fences, crossroads and whatnot. I had passed quite an amount of them while enjoying the cold night breeze.

It was relaxing, to be honest.

And well, if I could say...

(The feeling of going through the night is always my favorite)

As I kept on walking, something eventually came into my view.

"Ah, home sweet... home...?"

My feet stopped moving as I realized that the lights, from my house, were lit up.

(Wait, I didn't forget to turn them off... right?)

A little panicked at the crossing thought of some certain items that I possibly forgot to turn off, I quickened my pace toward my house.

After what felt like an intense one minute, I arrived before the fence and quickly unlocked it with my key.

The small clicking sound reached my ear and I pushed it, opening it. And the moment I did, something else entered my eyesight.

"...ah."

My voice unintentionally leaked out as a certain figure entered my sight. There was a person standing by the door, a person that was... more than just familiar.