Devi 6.2: Demon Friends

I woke up early and started to do my usual daily routine which is checking on Iruma and making sure that the both of us won't be late for school. After a few minutes we dressed and had breakfast, after that we grab our bags and head to the door. Iruma opened the door and I followed behind him and we are greeted by Clara and Asmodeus.

"Iruma-chi, (N/N), morning!" - (Clara)

They were waiting outside the gate, Clara began to dance while Asmodeus bow with respect to both Iruma and me.

- "I came to fetch you! Fetch you!" - (Clara)
- "Iruma-sama, (Y/N)-sama, good morning." - (Asmodeus)

"Fetchin Iruma-chi, (N/N)~~!" - (Clara)

We sweat dropped from the amount of energy Clara is giving in the morning.

"You're so full energy in the morning..." - (Iruma)

"She must be excited to play..." - (Y/N)

"Fetchin Iruma-chi, (N/N)~~!" - (Clara)

"Ah, that's great, Iruma-kun, (Y/N)-kun. You two made two "friends"!" - (Sullivan)

I turned around and it was Oji-chan with a teacup on his hand and Opera-san beside him.

"Eh?!" - (Iruma)

"Friends...huh..." - (Y/N)

"No that's... Rather than saying they're friends, we only play together and talk casually with each other..." - (Iruma)

"And isn't that what's called "friends" in the human world? Am I wrong?" - (Sullivan)

"That is true~, Me, Asmodeus and Clara are Iruma's friends." - (Y/N)

"B-But, I don't know how they think either... In the first place!" - (Iruma)

Iruma paused.

The way his face changed I can tell he is thinking that "Can even a human be friends with a demon?" - (Y/N)

I think it over and I just shrugged.

I think it's okay as long as both parties are okay with it... but demons do eat humans and they think we are below them. Except in this case... Iruma and me are humans but no one knows besides Oji-chan and Opera-san. - (Y/N)

"I have an important staff meeting, so I'll be heading to school! It's to determine the class placement~." - (Sullivan)

"O-Okay..."- (Y/N)

Oji-chan walks away while me and Opera-san just waved our hands in saying good bye. I tap Iruma's shoulder to call his attention. Iruma turns to me as I finally have his full attention.

"Shall we go?" - (Y/N)

"H-Hai." - (Iruma)

~

All the four of us are walking down the path to the school while other demons are flying to get there.

"Let's go! Let's go together!" - (Clara)

"There're no arrangements in particular for today, so let's head to the cafeteria." - (Asmodeus)

"I-Is that so!!" - (Iruma)

His acting weird... Is he still thinking about this morning's conversation with Oji-chan? - (Y/N)

I shook my head while keeping my smile, I tap his shoulder and then grab his hand.

"Let's go~." - (Y/N)

I started to walk ahead while Iruma followed behind me.

"H-H-Hai." - (Iruma)

"Right behind you, Iruma-sama, (Y/N)-sama." - (Asmodeus)