White Lotus

•° Kanali°•

I have always adored Lotus .. especially the white Lotus.

The white lotus flower is known to symbolize Bodhi (being awakened), and represents a state of mental purity, and that of spiritual perfection; it is also associated with the pacification of one's nature. This lotus is considered to be the womb of the world.

But why I love it is because they stand tall and clear from the mud they've blossomed from..
They fight their surroundings and still remain untainted.

So when Ruelle ranted about a girl calling her a white Lotus,I was offended.

"Ru, you're exaggerating and for the nth time stop shaming my favourite flower will you?"

"But it's the truth! Did you know what she did to-"

"I don't care" I cut her off, focusing on the scenery outside the window.

The car ride was silent as Ruelle went into her dreamland with her earpods on.

Everyone has various types of friends.
Some have childhood bestfriends, bestfriends,friends due to situationship, friendly rivals, neighbourhood friends, classmates...and the list may go on

But Ruelle is my acquaintance.
She's neither my friend nor my enemy. We're in mutual understanding and nothing more.
We never fight, argue or do friendly things.

At the same time we never backstab, betray or hurt each other. Instead we understand eachother and that's the only thing that I need. We don't do friendship, relationship or situationship.

"Lou says she's running late today " Ruelle sighs as our driver nods and passes through her house.

Lunette,my another acquaintance who joined us both recently.
She joined Omie Island last year and since we three stick together.

"You're in Omie's highlights again " Ruelle says handing her iPad to me.

Omie Island is a huge island located in Pacific Ocean where Rich and influential people send their children to study.

Omie Island have everything a person should learn from sports, arts, academy, fashion, anything you name it.

It's like a small world itself. You can find products from all over the world here. Whatever you want, you can get in Omie Island.

And I have basically lived in Omie Island from my birth.

"It's nothing" I say handing back the iPad to Ruelle

"Don't be so modest, you've been in it for two weeks straight! It's not something easy" Ruelle says handing me a glass.

"Usual or something new?"

"Usual"

"Tsk, sometime you need to try something new"

"No thanks" I shook my head and she didn't argue. I like that.

She poured lemonade in my glass

"Without ice"

"Ofcourse Sun, I got you"

Kanali,my name translates to 'sun' and she's been calling me that as long as I remember

Our driver parked in front of the Academy and we got off in silence.

I could feel all eyes on us something that we got used to in our days here.

Ruelle was in her phone, chatting to God knows whom and I was holding her hand so that she won't crash into something or someone on our way.

I flashed a smile and a polite good morning as I came across my professors. Today is the starting of another new year in Omie. I glanced at my smartwatch for checking my timetable.

"Looks like we have to part ways here. Oh God,I have baking class!"

"Sounds good"

"It's hell,like what does we benefit from that class! I can buy my own desserts and cupcakes. Like hell I'll eat my cooking..." Ruelle mumbles

"Maybe I'll ask them to pull you out of baking class"

"That'll be awesome Sun! I'd rather spend it on my drums class"

Ruelle is a drummist and damn,she's on fire whenever she plays

"What class do you have though?"

"I have AI with Lunette"

"Save her a seat,guess she'll be late"

"See you at Moonbites"

"Bye Sun"

As soon as I entered the class,Zee,the robot took my fingerprint for attendance.

I settled in the first desk as always and opened my laptop.

"Hi Kanali, I saw your dance mixes at Omie's highlights" Pravin smiles

"Were they good?" I asked him,my eyes still glued to my laptop

"Perfect as always"

A smile tugged at the corner of my lips

I do love validations.

"Class we have a new student,meet
Ms Delphine Fairling" Zee announced.

I looked up to see a girl with ginger Bob hair. She was fidgeting slightly and her uniform was somewhat.... Sloppy.

"Hi,I'm Delphine,you can call me Della. I like flowers and cooking is my hobby. Please take care of me!" She bowed deeply.

Lunette was in a hurry as she entered the class and bumped into Delphine, sending her crashing down to the floor.

"Sorry, didn't see you" Lunette replied vaguely as she took her seat beside me.

Everyone laughed as Delphine sat in a empty seat with her cheeks flushed in embrassment.

"Seriously who even does self intro like this?..it's lame" pravin tched.

"Isn't she the one Ru called as White Lotus -oops sorry.." Lunette fell silent as I looked at her.

"Hello Delphine" I greeted her politely.

Her eyes widened as if she's shocked that I'm speaking to her

"H-hello... you're Kanali right?"

I raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Oh...I saw you in articles and-"

"I see"

She looks at Lunette and pravin.

"This is Lunette" I said nodding towards her.

"You should not stand blocking the way, you're short Dolphin" Lunette smirked.

"I'm not dolphin,I'm Delphine"

"Sounds same"

"But-"

You ignored them, returning to your seat.

After few minutes,the door opened revealing two boys.

"You're late" Zee warned blocking the way

"You're just early Zee" The boy with platinum hair smirked before smashing Zee into pieces with his baseball bat.

Delphine let out a gasp as the class fell silent.

Somethings never change