15. Punch 2

On the way back home from school, after having received the suspension letter Ohm was quiet. He was still processing everything that had just happened. He couldn't forget the way Nanon looked at him before he left.

When he got back home, his grandparents were exhilarated to find that the girl that the grandson of the Kirdpan family confessed to chose their grandson instead. The old couple praised Ohm and even got him many gifts.

But Ohm didn't feel a bit of joy even when his whole family was showering him with love and gifts. He was in despair yet, he couldn't show it to his family.

Throughout the suspension period, there wasn't a night when he didn't cry. Normally, Ohm wasn't a crybaby but when it came to Nanon, he couldn't help but feel bad for the turn of events.

Perth did help him a lot in calming down. He explained to Ohm that like the rest of the audience, Nanon too might have thought that he was the one who kissed the girl and hence misunderstood him.

Ohm did know that it was most likely what happened but the pain he felt didn't decrease at all. He didn't care if the rest of the world judged him but not Nanon. 

Nanon was his best friend, the person who knew him better than anyone else in the world. Nanon shouldn't have jumped to a conclusion so quickly like others.

Ohm was eager to talk to Nanon and explain everything on the day he got back to school after the suspension period was over. His grandparents now had more trust in him and had withdrawn those people who were watching him.

When Ohm learned that Nanon changed schools, he was beyond hurt. He felt numb and emotionless. He started resenting Nanon for not trusting him, for not trusting their friendship.

Everyone blamed him and called him a jerk but he couldn't care less. The one person whom he cared about had left him without giving a closure.

Ding

The elevator door opened, snapping Ohm out of his daze. He quickly got out of the elevator and went to his car.

He knew that his baby girl, Orn was waiting for her Paa to get home.

Ohm was humming a song as he opened the door to his house. He was greeted by a pair of resentful eyes. He saw Nanon staring at him as if accusing him of being late like an angry wife. (Technically he is an angry husband.)

"Paa!" Orn ran up to him as soon as she saw him.

Ohm picked her up and twirled her in the air, making her giggle.

Nanon just rolled his eyes at the father-daughter duo and walked away.

"What happened to your Dad? Why is he mad at Paa?" Ohm asked his daughter in whispers.

"Paa is late today!" Orn said puffing her cheeks.

"Paa is sorry,na. Paa was caught up with some urgent work." Ohm made puppy eyes at his daughter.

"Urgent work. As if others don't have urgent work" Nanon mumbled as he reheated the food. "If one has a servant to do all the housework, he will definitely have urgent work." He scoffed.

"I really had some files to finish," Ohm said as he stood behind Nanon with Orn in his arms.

Nanon was startled by Ohm's presence beside him. "Pawat, what did I tell you about entering the kitchen?"

The previous day, he had asked Ohm to reheat the food in the afternoon for the kids as he had gone out with Chimon for the wedding shopping. He didn't know what Ohm did that the fire alarm went off and the whole place was wet when he came back. He banned Ohm from entering the kitchen from then on.

"Sorry, I just wanted to see if you wanted some help," Ohm said realising that he was in the wrong.

Nanon huffed, placing his both hands on his hips. "If you really want to help, Khun Pawat, then why don't you put your dear daughter to sleep? It's way past her bedtime and she had been throwing a tantrum saying that she wouldn't go to bed until you got back when I tried to get her to sleep. "

"Au?" Ohm looked at the little girl in his arms fondly. "That's why Orn is Paa's favourite." He kissed the top of her head making her giggle. 

He walked out of the kitchen with her "Let's go to bed before your Dad loses it, na."

Orn nodded and allowed Ohm to carry her to her princess bedroom.

Nanon tsked. "Like always, he is good at deceiving girls."

He plated the reheated food and set up the dining table for Ohm to eat. He then went ahead to wash all the other utensils.

By the time he was done, Ohm came back.

"Is she asleep already?" Nanon asked.

"Yeah. She was pretty sleepy already." Ohm smiled seeing the food on the table. He sat down and looked at Nanon. "Aren't you going to eat?"

"Unlike you Pawat, I have a pretty disciplined life. I have the habit of eating on time." Nanon said with a fake smile.

Ohm wanted to wipe out that smile off Nanon's face. He hated it when Nanon called him 'Pawat' instead of 'Ohm'.

Nanon wordlessly sat opposite Ohm.

"Since you already ate, then why are you sitting here?" Ohm asked.

"There is something I want to talk about," Nanon answered. He had been waiting for Ohm to get back home for the same.

"What is it?"

"Navin seems to be upset for some reason. I want you to talk to him."

"Why me? Aren't you his favourite?" Ohm said while making a slurping sound as he drank the soup.

Nanon clenched his fist in irritation. He hated it when people made sounds while eating. "Do you think I didn't? I did, but he didn't tell me anything. That is why I am asking you to talk to him."

Ohm chewed on the meatball and stared at Nanon "He doesn't even like talking to me. What makes you think that he would tell me what is going on with him?"

"Because you are his biological father." Nanon clamped his hands and placed them on the table. "I think he will open up to you if you try."

Ohm nodded. He really liked kids. But playing with someone else's kids and raising kids on their own was a whole different case. It held a lot of responsibility.

After dinner, the duo headed to their son's room.

Navin had just finished his homework and was getting ready for bed.

"Navin honey, can we talk?" Nanon asked under the urging of Ohm.

"What happened Paa, Dad?" Navin asked innocently.

Ohm went forward and pulled the child into his lap as Nanon sat beside him. "Your Dad just felt that you were a little down today and didn't even have much food for dinner."

Navin fidgeted with his little fingers and stayed quiet.