Chapter 4: Spending time together

Anna-Rose woke up like in 7:05 in the morning. 

She recalled the events of last night, that man, that saved her, she never got to say 'Thank you, for saving me.'

I mean, she would have said thank you but she got pulled away without saying a thing. So she got dressed. 

And even though it was prohibited she went to 3rd class and went to thank Mr. Jake Lighter-Hudson. So she stepped out of her suite and went directly to 3rd class when she opened the gate, she went in step by step and saw that even though these passengers were poor, she could see that they were happy.

She could see Jake at the distance drawing and 'oh, wow' She thought. 

Then when she was in view all of the music and chattering stopped. They just looked at her, without saying a thing, she was just trying my best to not show that she was arrogant like her mother, her sister Elsa, or like her fiance.

 They just looked at her, without saying a thing, she was just trying my best to not show that she was arrogant like her mother, her sister Elsa, or like her fiance

But she just had her sight straight to Jake. 

Who still hadn't seen her, but then his friend gestured him that maybe she was coming to him and she said "Good Morning Mr. Lighter-Hudson" 

He just put his hand in the air with his little smile. "Can I talk to you?" She asked, he gestured her to sit down next to him but since everyone was fascinated that a 1st class girl, like her was actually in 3rd class they were just amazed. 

"Privately?" She asked. "Yeah" He said in his 'chill' voice.               

- - -

Jake was finishing his life story after hours of strolling in the super long deck he said "Well, I've been on my own since I was 15, since my folks died. And I had no brothers or sisters or close kin in that part of the country so I lit on out of there and I haven't been back since. You could just call me a tumbleweed blowing in the wind. Well, Anna-Rose, we've walked about a mile around this boat deck and chewed over how great the weather's been and how I grew up but I reckon that's not why you came to talk to me, is it?"

"Mr. Lighter-Hudson I--" I started to say until he interrupted me and said "Jake" 

"Jake I want to thank you for what you did. Not just for pulling me back, but for your discretion." 

"You're welcome" 

"Look. I know what you must be thinking. Poor little rich girl. What does she know about misery?" 

"No, that's not what I was thinking. What I was thinking was what could have happened to this girl to make her think she had no way out?" 

"Well I-It was everything. It was my whole world and all the people in it. And the inertia of my life, plunging ahead and me, well I'm too powerless to stop it." She showed Jake her engagement ring.