His Awakening

The clothes Luffy had arrived in had been sealed in a bag, but were labeled as unusable by the department.

Thus Law had taken it upon himself to pick something out the moment he had been told this information. On the second day, while the other was asleep Law had gone to Criminal the popular clothing line he often heard Shaichi and Penguin raving about, the quick trip had resulted in a few shirts for the teen, three pairs of shorts, some socks, a pair of shoes, and boxer shorts. As Law had prepared to go to the check out line, a hoodie stopped him. And as such a yellow and black hoodie and long coat decorated in the same colors were added to his purchase.

Now as he began to un-restrain Luffy, Law sighed returning to the question that had been asked not too long ago. "As far as I know, your name is Monkey D. Luffy-ya. Does that ring any bells?" he asked undoing the final brace and releasing the silent teen.

"Monkey D. Luffy-ya.. Torao that's a weird name. Shishishi." the boy chuckled startling Law, as he looked to the laughing teen.

'Maybe the mental breakdown went farther than just amnesia?' He wondered as the teen had gone from pensive to cheery, flashing Law a wide smile as his questions continued. "What does the D stand for? Is my name really Luffy-ya? What kind of bells should I be on the look out for Torao?"

Cold gray eyes looked at the optimistic boy as Law sighed and handed over a set of clothes, having half a mind to correct him as to his name, 'Torao' didn't even come close to resembling Trafalgar. Though he kept his thoughts to himself knowing he had to be patient with the amnesic teen.

"Even though the name is odd, it is yours look at the band around your wrist, it states your name. I have no idea what the D stands for. Your name really is Luffy-ya. And when I mentioned the bells, it's a saying, meaning if the name meant anything to you, not that you would hear actual bells."

Glancing at the band as suggested, the teen hummed stepping into the bathroom where he could get dressed, leaving the door only slightly parted. "The name didn't fit Torao, its missing the 'ya'." Luffy called out mulling over the thought of his name, the cheer leaving his voice as he muttered to himself. "Can it really be mine?"

Outside Law paused as he folded the sheets back on the hospital bed, "Ah, that's a habit, adding the 'ya' suffix I mean." he answered looking up only as the teen had come out and nodded. "Follow me, there are some people that want to speak with you."

Nodding solemnly, Luffy followed him, repeating his name under his breath hoping to find any sort of recognition from it.

None came to mind, but he trusted the older man, maybe it wasn't wise to trust someone you had only met half an hour or so ago. Then again was that their first meeting? Did this man know Luffy before he had gone to sleep so long? Surely someone who waited for you at a hospital while you slept and gave you water and clothes meant they were a good person right?Luffy didn't know the right answer to these questions. He might not remember anything from before, but Luffy thought he could at least trust his judgment, and right now his gut was telling him that he could trust the older man, along with telling him that he was hungry...

He wondered distantly if these people he was supposed to see were nice too. Hopefully they were, and if they weren't, well at least he had his fiend Torao with him, the thought brought a sense of comfort to him and with it, a smile.

Soon Luffy found himself sitting in Torao's office, a discarded meal on the edge of the desk while he was sitting in a plush chair entertaining himself with the Newton balls that sat on the man's desk. Pulling the end of one ball as far back as he could Luffy released it and watched with interest as it collided with the others and carried the force to the other end. So engrossed was he in the simple activity that he ignored the phone call the other man made. "Hey, Torao, why dont' the middle ones move?"