Chapter 1: "Meeting you again"

"My name's Li Ming. It's a pleasure to meet you all. I hope we all get to be friends. I promise to be the best classmate you'll ever have. Please take good care of me".

Present Time

"I'm Liang Chen, It's a pleasure to meet you all. I know I'm a new face here, but don't worry, I promise to be the best classmate you'll ever have!"

It was the 8th of February when I met him. The exact same date I met Li Ming in 6th grade.

This new transfer student wore the same black-sporty jacket, the same necklace design and the same neon-colored bag Li Ming wore the day I met him, heck, even the smile, he's just like... It's all similar to Li Ming.

And Li Ming was also a transferee when I first met him!

This can't be a coincidence, right!? Or am I going crazy?

"No! Of course not you idiot!" I tell myself.

I'm still sane, I'm perfectly fine.

Maybe I just miss Li Ming that much that I assume and imagine things nowadays.

Yeah...I just really miss him. That's all.

I miss Li Ming.

Li Ming. He was my bestfriend. And I was in love with him. I was friends with him for a long time that I can't even remember how we even became friends in the first place. I didn't know what he saw in me that made him want me to be his friend, back then I was just a nobody.

Li Ming and I met in 6th grade, and at that time, I didn't like him that much. I didn't even think that we'd get to be friends. He was perfect and I kind of envied him for that.

He became the class president, despite being a transfer student, he was kind, good at sports, even at singing and playing the guitar, he was truly the ace of our class and people liked him, the teachers praised him quite a lot and many girls gushed over him.

While me, I was just a shadow, like an entity, lurking at the back of the room, I'm physically there, but my mind always wanders off somewhere else. I was always being scolded and was always in trouble. My parents and teachers just sees me when I do something wrong, even the simplest mistake, they immediately notice me, but when I do something good, something worthy of praise, I once again become invisible in their eyes. Nobody cared about me and I didn't care either.

But, I'd like to think I'm cool though, Li Ming said that to me when we were being chased by a bunch of dogs, since I originally planned to skip school that day, and he, being our 'Class President', followed me and persuaded me to go to class. We ran so fast that he almost fainted from exhaustion that day.

Flashback

"Y-you really are a pain in the head! Why would you even skip class in the first place!? You're such a trouble maker" he blurted as he catched his breath, you can really see his annoyance and frustration at me. He seemed really mad.

Thankfully we found a nearby convenient store, Li Ming sprinted towards the empty seats to rest and sat there lazily whilst breathing loudly and fanning himself with his hands, "Shut it 'Mr. Class President' I'm not your responsibility here, besides, me skipping class is none of your business, so why follow me to begin with? You could've just let me off the hook and continued on with your 'oh so perfect day' but, no, you chose to stop me, and look what it led us to", I defended myself as I bought him a can of Sprite. I pressed the chilled can against his cheeks, catching him off guard with its icy touch.

Making amends isn't my forte, but at least I made an effort for him, sometimes trying is sufficient. He should be grateful.

"Look, it's still early, you could still secretly sneak in to the class, act as if you have a bad headache or something then tell them you stayed in the nurse's office for a checkup, or just make up an excuse for being late I don't care, besides, the teachers wouldn't mind, they see you as some God or whatever they won't scold you, so just go away and leave me be, I just wanna skip class today and be alone, thanks for trying anyway. I'll go ahead now". I bid him goodbye, but as I was about to leave he suddenly said something that really stunned me.