"Ciriam."

Day one. December 13th, 2016. Not a movement to be heard in the still streets of the small town in Connecticut. Ciriam taps his pencil on the hard wood of the desk and slumps in his seat, pushing his hair back out his face. He sighs and taps his foot on the ground as his english teacher rambles about something he was hardly focusing on. The room was quiet and only the whispers of children could be heard, and the shushes of the teacher. "Ciriam." He heard his friend Smith say quietly, he was deep into his thoughts though. "Ciriam!" Smith said again more aggressively this time, until he shook him, and Ciriam knocked back into reality. "What, Smith?" "You still going to that sketchy party?" "No why?" "Just curious is all. I was thinking we could pop a few beers, rest and leave." Ciriam thought for a moment. "I dunno." He sat up in his seat and stuck his iPod in his ears to tune out all the talking, just to think for a moment. Ciriam sighed then shut his eyes and responded. "I guess, just gotta be home before dark." Smith's eyes brightened.

Hours later, the boys approach the large beautiful home. "This place is hot!" Ciriam chuckled, elbowing his friend before fixing his hair and madras shirt. Smith put his hand out to stop Ciriam. "Okay, listen man. I had to convince JK to let you tag along so don't make a fool of yourself, because whatever you do it affects my rep." Ciriam nods slowly and they approach the front door. JK was stationed outside talking to a few of his friends and he greets Smith and Ciriam. "Hey, hey! Here's my man, okay so uh listen I got a bunch of drinks and people go enjoy your self." He pats Smith's shoulder then eyes Ciriam down harshly.

They enter the doors of the home, and the inside is bustling with noise and people in every corner. "Jeez Louis! This place is filled to the brim!" Smith said under his breath, patting Ciriam's shoulder. "Ey man, I don't want no girls to be honest, I got Zee already." Ciriam said, his arms over his head and his expression annoyed. "She's not even your girl yet, Ciriam." Smith responded, chuckling and grabbing a beer off the table. "I know, but we got something going and I don't wanna give her no mixed feelings. Cause I love her, for sure. She shouldn't think differently." "So why are you here right now." As Smith said that, Ciriam's gaze went dark. He truly didn't know what he was doing here. "I guess.." Ciriam leaned on the table and sighed. "Well, to support my loneliness." Smith chuckled and walked away from Ciriam, to a group of guys sitting near a table. Ciriam sighed and gripped his iPod in his hands, looking around at the vast population of the area. His anxiety began rising and he planted both his hands on the table, sweat dripped from his face. He remembered his iPod and quickly popped in the earbuds. It went completely quiet, only his own breathing could be heard. "What AM I doing here?"