Prologue: Chloe

I was born on a cold winter morning. Just like my parent's personality's it truly was a chilly morning. It's not like im ungrateful of my parents or anything but they weren't exactly the baby lover type. They never treated me badly they just never treated me. I was more like an object. Something to look at.

The first time I realized my parents werent good people was when I was 8. I was running down the stairs. I was excited and happy, full of life some might say. But as I was running I noticed how eerily quiet it was. It's not like my house was ever loud it just wasn't quiet either. When I reached the bottom of the stairs the only noise you could hear was the pitter patter of footsteps. When I was little I was very observant. I still am to this day. But as I walked through the corridor, I heard voices whispering.  "Who brought you here?"  "No one I swear pls don't hurt me" responded a weak voice. "If you don't tell me the truth you and your family will be endangered." "TELL ME-..

That was when I realized even though I was very observant I was definitely not quiet. I fell to the floor and prepared for impact. "What was that- Chloe what on earth are you doing on the floor" I looked up just in time to see my father. I don't know whether or not he was okay but it was the first time he had truly looked at me and addressed me at the same time. While I would usually be ecstatic, I took note of the obvious blood on his hands. "Hi daddy" I peeped squeakily. "You shouldn't be down here, why on earth are you not in your room" he said. "I just wanted to come down and play." I responded with the most hurt voice I could muster. It was then that I noticed my mother was notably absent, per usual. "Where's mom?" I said looking around. "Your mother is gone, and she wont be back so you better get used to it. Now pick yourself up and run along upstairs. Do not ever bother me during work again."

Without uttering a word I ran upstairs, and slammed the door. Thats when I learned the most powerful lesson to exist. Silence is the key to survival.

_____________________________________
Hi guys welcome. Im so excited to start this journey and explore writing. Of course I'm not gonna be a perfect writer but feedback will definitely help me learn a thing or two. Pls be kind and bear with me because I have a very exciting journey planned for Chloe and Alessio lol. As always Like, comment, and vote. Love, tormentedanica