Where It Begins

It's already Christmas, the weather starts to get frigid as the snow starts to fall to the ground. Everyone was busy preparing food and entertaining their guests. The kids were thrilled to open their gifts and some of them were busy having fun outside in their houses and also building their own snowmen. Everyone in town was delightful while celebrating the spirit of Christmas except for a teenage girl in the orphanage named Nyx. Her parents left her in the orphanage when she was born. Nyx already had an anosmia which basically has no ability to detect one or more smells and at the age of eight, she lost her sight and her hearing also follows. Nyx is already a teenager now and felt aloof to everyone. She also forgot how to utter after losing her hearing for so many years. She also lost hope that there will be a miracle that will happen to her. Everyone in the orphanage is trying to help her in everything they can. They helped her to communicate with them even though she lost her sensibility but she always kept her distance from everyone as she intended for no one to come into her world. Since her own parents abandoned her to an orphanage, she felt that no one genuinely loved or cared for her.

It was already 10 pm and everyone was asleep except for Nyx. She made the decision to leave her room, so she grabbed her cane and went out cautiously. She adhered to the instructions given to her so that she could walk by herself. She moved quite slowly at first, moving down the right side of the walkway until she came to the orphanage's main entrance. The sounds of crickets chirping and an icy breeze met her when she opened it. After using her cane to go wherever she felt she had arrived at the lake, she stopped. Having convinced herself that no one truly loves her, she genuinely wished to end her life. She begins to step forward towards the lake until it already touches her feet in the water. She continued to walk and the level of the water was now on her hips and a few minutes after, it was already in her neck. Before she drowned herself, she looked up in the sky and said "I think it's my time. I don't want to live in this cruel world anymore. I just want it to end." After that, she submerged down to the deepest part of the lake. She's now ready on what will happen to her life but before she lost her consciousness, she felt there's someone jumping into the water but she didn't know who it was. When she finally lost it, in her mind she saw a luminous light and she's trying to reach it with her bare hands but it slowly fades away when a door suddenly appears and opened.