~ Pre-Shokugeki Jitters ~

The Shokugeki began in roughly an hour, and honestly you were still slightly nervous about the whole thing, for multiple reasons. First of all, you would constantly be under the gaze so many students and second of all, a really big decision weighed on you today. It was a battle between your childhood friend and your first and only friend at Totsuki. One that you've grown rather fond of.

You were expected to be at the Judges table in 30 - 40 minutes, so while you waited, you decided to go check up on your competing friends. You wandered around the waiting rooms, attempting to find either Ikumi or Soma's room. "(Name)-chan?" You hear Ikumi say, as she walks out of a room which you assumed was assigned to her.

"Iku! I was looking for you!" You said, as she invited you in. In her room, you saw all her ingredients sprawled out, and multiple notes. "Before all that (Name)-chan, which do you think I should wear!" She asks, holding up a fire themed bra and an american flag themed bra.

"Ooo, is our beloved Iku going to change into something more exciting for the Shokugeki?" You ask, as you take a seat on the couch in front of you. "Of course, when else would I be given the chance to prove myself to Erina-sama." She says, her eyes on her two choices.

You look at her and frown, before getting up. "Iku, you don't need to prove yourself to anyone. I believe you're an amazing chef, with so many strengths. And your food is delicious. You should cook for you, to prove cooking is your ambition and something that makes you happy. I'm already so proud of you. And i will always be no matter the outcome." You pause, as she glances back. Nikumi seemed slightly taken aback by your sudden words. It had been a long while since anyone had told her they were proud of her.

"Besides that, I think you should wear the orange firey one! Good Luck Iku! You got this!" You say, before patting her head and leaving the room. You were on your way back to the stage and main hall when you noticed a bright red head walking around.

"Yukihira!" You yell, as you swing your arm around his shoulder. He was holding a box full of his ingredients. "Yo~ Ms. Judge!" He greets back, offering you his usual wide smile. You notice the dark circles under his eyes and smile.

"Ready to serve me some really good and yummy food?" You ask, as his grin only grows. "When am I not ready?" He says as you smile in response. "You're right! Besides that, I just came by to say good luck! And that you got this! It's your first Shougeki so take it easy, the crowd will be rough. But I know you put in lots of effort and time into this so it'll be amazing." You tell him, attempting to ruffle his hair but he was much taller than you so you had to go on your tippy toes.

"Thanks Nakiri! Don't stress about the final decision, I know you'll make the right choice."

🍳🍳🍳

"And now let me introduce you to our final judge, our beloved Nakiri (Name)!" You hear your name get called out, as you take your seat. You were far too nervous to look at the crowd of over 500 students, and you could barely hear anything of the racing and thumping of your own heart. You tuck a strand of your hair behind your ear, and smile.

"And finally! Let's welcome our contestants!" The super cute host who caught the attention of many of male students says. You laugh at the fan base of men the host had collected, but your laughter soon stopped when you noticed many of them holding up a sign with your name and picture on it. You look away, the embarrassment eating you up.

"First to enter, we have the Meat Master! Ikumi Mito!" As her name was announced, your beloved friend walks onto the stage, dressed in the outfit you reccomended. Her eyes immediately look for yours, and you smile. As she walks to her station, you hear the cheers of many male students present in the stadium. It seemed like she, too, had her own fan base.

"Here comes our other contestant, Yukihira Soma!" You hear his name, and watch as he walks onto stage. However, unlike Nikumi, instead of a fan base, Yukihira had a group of haters, who yelled and threw death threats at him. Soma, himself seemed to ignore or in fact not even hear the death threats and instead he playfully raised his eyebrows when your eyes met his. You smiled in response.

It seemed as if the crowd was convinced Yukihira would lose, and Nikumi would win. But in all honesty, both chefs were incredibly talented and had their own strengths and weaknesses. You knew Yukihira and his cooking, and you had a lot of hope on his Don. But Nikumi's biggest strength is meat, so if she played it right, she had a great chance of winning too.

But for some reason, a tiny part of your heart hoped Yukihira would win... so he wouldn't be expelled and so you could continue to spend more of your days with him. Perhaps deep down you knew he would.

"Now let's hear our prizes! If Yukihira is to lose, he will be expelled from Totsuki and the Don club will shut down, however if Nikumi is to lose, Yukihira will stay, and Nikumi will join the Don club and aid in its growth." The host says, striking a cute pose which got the male crowd all riled up once again.

"Today's the last day you'll ever be able to talk to me, transfer student! Now's the time for your last words!" Nikumi confidently says, crossing her arms over her stomach. Yukihira simply smiles, and unravels his headband. It was his signature move, one that you've grown rather fond off.

Whilst he was tying his headband, he glanced back at Nikumi and smiles once more. "No need to worry too much, we'll talk plenty when ya make it to the Don club!" He smugly says, and you smile at their confidence. The two glance at you for a moment, you simply smile to their gaze and watch as they begin walking to their stations. "Let the battle begin!"

🍳🍳🍳