Chapter 1

Caelum a 21 year old man from Gaia was suddenly enveloped by this strange bright light. Caelum tried to close his eyes, away from the blinding light but it doesn't work. It seems like this light is penetrating through his eyelids and through his eyes.

But it didn't last long. As the radiant light subsided Caelum saw a bricked gate materialize before him. It stood tall and imposing with ancient symbols that seemed to shimmer with an ethereal energy. The atmosphere near the gate vibrated with an otherworldly resonance, and an invisible force seemed to beckon Caelum forward.

The gate was too suspicious for Caelum. He looked for another way out but there was nothing. It seemed like the whole place was covered in darkness and the light coming out from the gate was the only light shining through the place.

Caelum approached the gate cautiously. The ancient symbols on the gate glowed brighter as he neared like it is responding to some hidden magic. As his hand brushed against the cold bricks. The light that was coming out of the gate turned into a swirling vortex. The once-familiar world known to Caelum seemed distant and insignificant compared to the mysteries that awaited on the other side of the gate.

Caelum finally enter the gate, swirling vortex enveloped him, pulling him into its ethereal depths. The sensation was both exhilarating and disorienting, as if he were being stretched and compressed simultaneously.

As Caelum emerged on the other side, he was greeted with a scene of desolation. The air was heavy with the scent of charred wood and the bitter aftermath of destruction. The once-thriving medieval city lay in ruins, its buildings reduced to rubble and its streets now mere remnants of a bustling past.

Caelum's heart sank as he surveyed the devastation. The swirling vortex had brought him not to a realm of wonder, but to a world marred by chaos and suffering. The remnants of life were scattered amid the wreckage—abandoned belongings, shattered market stalls, and signs of a hasty evacuation were seen.

[Welcome to Celestial Glade]

[You have been forcefully summoned by the Lord Sovereign]

[You are required to participate the Lord and Conquest]

[You acquired the title 'Lord']

[Title: Lord - When your subjects gain experience points, you will receive a 10% share of the experience they earn]

[Every lord will be given a territory, unique talent, and a Summoning gate]

A series of system notification pop out in front of Caelum, illuminating the air with holographic displays. As the words registered in his mind, Caelum felt a mix of confusion and anticipation. The Celestial Glade sounded like a realm of both mystery and grandeur, and the mention of the Lord Sovereign added an air of authority to the unfolding events.

'What in the world is happening? Lord Sovereign? Celestial Glade?' Caelum's mind raced with questions. 'And why am I a 'Lord' now?

'Lord'... Sounds important, but what does it even mean in this strange place?" Caelum's thoughts whirled as the holographic displays continued to unfold before him. The devastation around him seemed to mirror the chaos in his mind.

His legs were trembling with confusion and fear, his gaze fixed on the system notifications. "Forcefully summoned... Required to participate... Lord and Conquest... Territory...unique talent and the Summoning gate?" Each phrase triggered a cascade of thoughts. "Is this some kind of game? And what's the deal with this Celestial Glade?"

His eyes darted around the desolated cityscape, searching for any clues or signs of life. The silence weighed heavily on him, broken only by the echoes of his footsteps against the remnants of a once-vibrant city. The weight of responsibility settled on Caelum's shoulders, mingling with the uncertainty of his newfound role.

'If I'm a Lord, then what's my purpose here?' Caelum pondered, the gravity of the situation sinking in.

He glanced back and saw the same gate that he came through.

[Summoning Gate]

[Each day, the Summoning Gate opens to bring forth five people, who willingly become subjects of the Lord. There's also a possibility of summoning skilled professionals to aid the Lord in their endeavors.]

[Daily Summons Available]

[Upgrade Cost: 200kg of Stone and 20 Grey Monster Stone]

[Hint: The more you upgrade the summoning gate, the more people you can summon each day and give you more chances to acquire skilled professionals and/or different race.]

[Do you want to summon immediately?]

Another series of system notification popped out in front of Caelum. At this point he's not even shocked anymore. The holographic displays illuminated the air around him as he nodded in affirmation.

"Yes," Caelum uttered, his voice carrying a mix of anticipation and readiness. The Summoning Gate responded to his command, and a surge of mystical energy enveloped the surroundings. Within moments, five individuals materialized, their expressions transitioning from disorientation to acknowledgment of their new Lord.