Princesa (2)

You had to be especially careful the next day. You and Oberyn had a bit too much fun in the gardens, Hell, you were lucky you weren't caught then and there. Joffrey and Cersei would have probably thrown you into the dungeons.

You sat at the table the next morning, next to Oberyn. Joffrey and Cersei were talking about some political alliances with different houses, stuff you had learned to drown out long ago. Then you felt a slight pressure on your hand. Oberyn was tapping your hand. "Your Highness, did you hear His Majesty?"

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty. Please repeat?"

"Stupid girl. You never listen."

"Get to the point, Joffrey," Cersei snapped. Joffrey cleared his throat and said, "The Queen and I have decided that it would be a wise decision to marry you off to the Dornish Prince. Their warriors are trained well, some even better than ours." You turned the slightest shade of pink. Was this really happening? "I am very excited, Your Majesty. Her Royal Highness is a very kind woman, and a very beautiful one at that," Oberyn smoothly quipped. You felt his hand run across your thigh, and you struggled not to shout.

"Then it is agreed. Her Royal Highness will be wedded to you, Prince Oberyn. In exchange, we expect an alliance between our soldiers and yours."

"I can promise that, Your Majesty."

Oberyn seemed to have the best way with words. A silver tongue, one may say. Cersei cleared her throat and said, "You are both dismissed. Joffrey, we have other matters to attend to." She stood and so did Joffrey, leaving the room. Oberyn made sure that they were both gone before he kissed you lightly. "I thought you were untouchable, Princesa..." You smirked, kissing him back. "This is as much of a surprise for me as it is for you."

"I will welcome this surprise with open arms, my dear."

"So will I."