2 , meeting luke

, , , , , TIME SKIP , Adara has now arrived at camp . .

"Adara, you will be staying in that cabin. We'll be getting someone to give you a tour around the place, as it may get confusing for you. Okay?" Mr. Brunner smiled warmly, his body pointing in the direction of the cabin I will be staying at.

After a few seconds of silence, I began to make my way to the room. It was large, and looked somewhat old yet new at the same time.

In the distance, I could hear Mr. Brunners loud voice yell. "Luke! We need you! Come give the new arrival a tour, please!"

"Okay, okay! I'm coming!" A guy's voice, which was deep yet youthful, called. I turned my head in the direction of what I believe was Luke's voice, and met eyes with him. Luke was a tall boy with dark curly hair, which was honestly attractive. But, would I ever tell him I thought this? Mm, no.

"Well, uhm, hi," I greeted, more awkard than ever. "I'm Adara, and as you know, I'm new here."

"Aha, I figured. I think I would have remembered if I had seen such a memorable face around here." Luke began, the comment on my face being memorable making my face burn. "I'm Luke, which I'm sure you heard."

"Ah, yes, I believe I did hear Mr. Brunner yell your name," I joked, making us both giggle in unison. "So, are we going to be starting the tour?"

"Yes, right, we will be. I'll also explain a little more about this place while we walk." Luke stated, beginning to walk at a slow pace as I walked beside him.

, , , , , AFTER THE TOUR

While I was on the camp tour with Luke, he informed me that we'll be having a student campfire night—which is basically where we just sit by a campfire together and speak. Although it sounded a little boring, it'd be a great opportunity to meet some people, especially because the only people i've spoken to are Mr. Brunner, and Luke.

"You nearly finished changing, Adara?" Luke asked with a warm tone, waiting for me by the bathroom door.

"Yeah, coming out now," I answered, slowly unlocking the door and pushing it open. "I don't think orange is exactly my colour."

Luke let out a small laugh, "I think you'd look good in everything. Even ugly green, honestly."

"Ah, that's pushing it, I think. But, thank you." I smiled in return, my light blonde hair looking somewhat bright in contrast to the camp shirt. The camp shirt was apparently mandatory, yet very ugly. It was in a bright orange, which read 'CAMP HALFBLOOD' on it.

"Nah, you're beautiful Adara."

"Oh really?" I giggled in response, my cheeks tinted red with a wide grin on my face.

Luke just stared at me, with what seemed like the look a puppy gives you. "Yes, really." Luke replied, making my stomach just turn. "Okay now, we should get going."

"Ah, right," I responded, slightly upset we aren't able to talk more as just us. I'm not sure why I already feel.. things for Luke, and I'm not even sure if I'd like to see where things lead. Honestly, dating someone who could be my half sibling doesn't seem ideal to me.

I followed him to the doorway, where he held the door for me to walk through. "Ladies first." Luke grinned, watching as I moved through the door and towards the fire.

, , , , , AT THE FIRE

"Hey, everyone," Luke smiled as he sat himself next to a few of his friends. Everybody locked their eyes straight onto me, and I'm not sure quite how to feel about it. The camps judgey stares made me feel like I was different to the rest—which I don't believe is true. It could also just be the look they all gave the other new halfbloods, though. "This is Adara.