Chapter 1: Angel Boy

My eyes went from his Black and white plaid shirt along with a plain white tee, to his dark blue skinny jeans and toms.  In some ways I could already tell he was the opposite of me. A good boy is basically what he is. Hot, I can't wait to sink my teeth into this babe. I bit my bottom lip as my thoughts took me off to wonderland, but was interrupted by a throat clearing. I blink and looked up to a very confused angel boy. 

"Hello...My family and I are new around here, and I wanted to be the first to meet our new neighbors" he said and took his hand out of his pocket, extending it to me. I wrapped my hand around his, making him flinch slightly because my skin was so cold. I pulled away quickly and stuck my hands in my jacket pockets.  

"Sorry about that.." I frowned, sensing my brother coming down stairs. He didn't do so well with humans. None of us did. As much as I wanted to sink my teeth into this boy I knew I couldn't, so I quickly stepped outside and shut the door behind me.  

"Do you need any help with boxes?" I asked walking over to his house, him following along.

"Uh, yeah" He smiled and I could of swore my dead heart melted at such a sight. His smile was perfect, just like his voice and the rest of his face. As we approached the moving truck, there were a few boxes beside it and on the lawn. The boy handed me a box and then picked up two for himself. I raised an eyebrow at him. Does he think I'm some kind of weak person? He looked at me questioningly. I shook my head and smiled. I'll let it slide for now..  

We walked into his house and I was quite surprised on how big the place was. The outside was something, but not compared to the inside. But aren't all houses like that in a way?  

"These boxes go in my room" he headed upstairs with myself following along. 

His room was pretty big as well. There was paint brushes and paint cans in the corner of the room. A few other boxes in the other corner by the closet. His bed was already set up, all it need was to be dressed. Some posters hung from the already dark blue painted wall by his bed. 

"Fast worker I see" I smirked, looking around the room. 

"Yeah you could say that.." he replied, handing me a pillow and it's case "Mind helping me make my bed?" I shrugged and put the two pillows he had into their black cases. He covered the mattress with black sheets and then finally a blue comforter. After that was done we both started to paint the rest of the walls to match the one that was already done.  

~~~~ 

The walls didn't take to long, maybe an hour or less. When we were done I dipped the tips of my fingers in the paint can and flicked paint on his face. 

"Sorry I thought I missed a spot" I giggled, wiping the rest of the paint on his cheek. 

"Oh I think I missed a spot too" he got a brush and slapped blue paint on my face.  

"You almost got it in my hair!" I whined, getting the towel full of dried paint and wiped my face. He laughed and patted my hair. 

"It's just hair dude you can always fix it" he patted my head. I hissed quietly and fixed my hair. He laughed even more. I rolled my eyes and pushed him down onto the bed. Bad move, before I had a chance to run he had pulled me down on top of him.  

"Where do you think you're going?" he whispered in my ear, making shivers run down my spine. The boys blood made my senses go crazy. My throat felt like it was being burned by a hot iron. I looked into his eyes, smiling slightly. What would it be like to hold this beautiful creature in my arms? I mentally slapped myself and got up. 

"My brother might want me home.." I said as I grabbed my jacket from his dresser. He frowned, getting up as well.   

"I didn't catch your name?" he asked, walking me down stairs.

"Ryan, Ryan Pierce" I stopped at the door. 

"I'm Destry Nyx and I had a great time with you today, Mr. Pierce" he chuckled. I smiled at his laugh and look down at the floor.  

"Well I'll see you some other time again Destry" I shook his hand and headed out the door.   

~~~~ 

I was laying on my bed looking up at the ceiling, my mind was in wonderland again. A wonderland with Destry as my true love.

In every way I wanted him. I wanted to feel his touch. His lips against mine and his arms around me. I wanted to hear the words 'I love you' in his beautiful voice.

There was only one problem keeping me from having that. First of all, he was a human and I am a vampire. My brother would kill me if I told anybody about our secret. Not only would he punish me for all eternity, but if word got out it would eventually spread to the underworld where the dark overlord would not be pleased to hear such things.

Secondly, I couldn't put Destry in danger. His scent was so sweet, sweeter than anything I've ever smelt. It made my mouth water just thinking about it. As much as I wanted to drain his blood, I couldn't bring myself to do it. There was something about him that had me wrapped around his finger. And last, I wouldn't be able to spend forever with him. How could I love when I'm afraid to fall