THREE

the pair walked down a still hallway towards the supervisors office. lily stared at the floor, almost completely ignoring jean pierre's presence. his hair was no longer neat  and his tie was messed up.

"i can walk myself you know. iam not a child." he looked to the girl.

"i am not getting in trouble with the supervisor on my first day and now mostly likely last day," she retorted. she looked up to him. she noticed his eyes were green, she hadn't noticed the other time they had made eye contact.

"fair enough."
they fell back into their silence as they arrived at the door waiting for the supervisor to arrive. lily did not know if she had to stay or if she could leave.

they sat on the chairs outside, lily leaving a chair between them. she looked to jean pierre, who was shaking his leg as they waited.

the supervisor arrived, yelling at jean pierre to go into the office. then turning to lily.

"can you stay for a bit? i will speak with you in a moment," he asked the girl. she silently agreed

-

as jean pierre exited the office, he looked to the girl with sad eyes. she stood up, going into the office.

the supervisor gestured for her to sit.

"how are you holding up?" he asked.
"fine?" she wearily answered.
"how are people treating you?"
"fine."
the man sighed adjusting his glasses.
"we will not have girls continue here after today's incidents. i hope you find the girls school easier."

she looked up at him. "i have nowhere else to go. i will have to go back home if i have no education. why do the boys deserve a diploma, and i do not?"

she stood up, exiting the office swiftly without arguments.

-

as lily exited the school's building at the end of the day, she heard someone run up to her. "lily!"

she turned around to see annick. "we are allowed to stay!" lily smiled, looking at the steps she had just come down, seeing the supervisor. she nodded her head at him.

"would you like to walk together?" she asked, annick.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

   setting up my babies. this isnt going to be a complete slowburn.

   annick and lily are about to be the best pairing.