Prologue

Disclaimer: I own my original characters and my Toku hero but not any other reference that is being dropped in this story.

"What a day!"

I climbed onto the bus after finishing my martial arts class, feeling both exhausted and content. As I took my seat, I pulled out my earbuds and plugged them into my phone. I leaned my head against the window and scrolled through my playlist until I found the song I had been looking for.

Oh, hello there. I just remembered that I had to introduce myself. My name is June (yes, I know it's a girl's name, but my parents were set on giving me a different name) Kendrick-Rodgruiez.

"MIROH" by Stray Kids blasted in my ears, and I couldn't help tapping my foot to the beat. I stared out the window, watching the familiar streets fly by as I made my way back to my apartment. The gray buildings and busy sidewalks looked the same as they did every day, but today, I was feeling particularly bored.

I sighed, realizing that another mundane day was ahead of me. But then, a sudden feeling of excitement surged through me. I had been spending too much time cooped up by myself, reading manga, and working on my art. It was time for a change. I needed some adventure, some excitement.

As the bus pulled up to my stop, I quickly gathered my bag and hopped off. I paused momentarily, snapping out of my thoughts when I heard a couple of girls giggling and whispering behind me. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, knowing they were probably talking about some popular boy from their classes.

"Preppy chicks! BAH!" I muttered under my breath.

As I walked towards my apartment, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the glass of a store window. My red hair was tousled and falling into my eyes, and my pale skin was flushed from my workout. I couldn't help but stare at myself for a moment, wondering what adventures awaited me in the future.

Finally, I arrived at the apartment building where I was staying and climbed the stairs to the third floor. The bland walls and worn-out carpet were all too familiar, but I didn't mind. It was my home, and it was comfortable. I unlocked my door and stepped inside, greeted by the familiar scent of my favorite candle.

I dropped my bag on the floor, my thoughts still racing. I couldn't shake the feeling that something exciting would happen, and I needed to find out what it was. I pulled out my laptop and started working on my manga, letting my imagination run wild.

For those wondering about my manga premise, well, say no more. My original manga is a tokusatsu-style manga. I know most of you need to become more familiar with tokusatsu, which is a Japanese term for live-action films or television programs that make heavy use of practical special effects. Some examples include Kamen Riders (which I am a fan of), Super Sentai (which later gave birth to Power Rangers in Western countries), Ultraman, Metal Heroes, etc.

But, enough about the history lesson. My manga is titled "Empyreal," which is a sci-fi fantasy anime where an armored hero named Empyreal is called to protect an interdimensional princess who is on the run.

As I worked on my art, I felt a little restless. I shifted my gaze and looked at the sketches of Empyreal, a figure in armor that looks like a combination of a Zoalord and Kamen Rider, completely cobalt blue with metallic parts on his legs and arms. The armor appeared more organic.

Then I looked at the design of Empyreal's final form, Shin Empyreal, which remains predominantly cobalt blue, with black accents and silver highlights. The helmet is a combination of Masked Hero Goka and Kamen Rider Kuuga's Rising Ultimate form, with a red jewel in the center. The suit has a sleek design with various intricate patterns that glow with a bright blue aura as the hero is in a fighting pose.