Third Chapter

Its Saturday and Gypsy woke up at 9 am. Ginawan ko siya ng gluten-free pancakes. I'm really meticulous when it comes to her nutrition that's why I'm training her to eat healthy food at this early stage of her life.

"Baby, breakfast time!" i called Gypsy who is currently playing at our lawn.

I really want her to play the way kids in the 90's play. Hindi ko siya masyadong pinapaexpose sa technology lalo na sa Ipad dahil ayaw ko siyang maadict. TV lang muna ngayon pero minsan lang naman dahil priority ko talaga ang pagpapalaro sa kanya ng mga laruan at pagpapabasa ng mga libro.

"What's for breakfast mum?" Gypsy asked while she sat down on her chair.

"Pancakes baby,"

Nakita ko ang pagsimangot ng anak ko. I started to feel worried and asked her what the problem is.

"I don't want pancakes! I want pizza."

Here we go again. Tantrums really get inside my nerves.

"Baby, its not healthy to eat pizza early in the morning. Where did you get that idea?"

She began crying.

"But daddy lets me eat pizza! We ate pizza in the morning when he was here. You don't understand mommy! I miss dad," she said and immediately ran to her room.

I was shocked of my daughter's reaction that i almost threw the pancakes on the floor.

"Love, please don't be mad at mommy. It breaks my heart seeing you that way. Mommy just wanted you to be healthy while growing up. And daddy is not here so you must follow mommy,"i said while caressing my daughter's back.

Nandito kami ngayon sa kuwarto niya. Nakadapa siya sa kama habang humihikbi. It's really heartbreaking for me.

Ilang saglit pa ay bumangon iya at niyakap ako.

"I..am .. so..rry mommy.. I..love you," she sweetly apologized.

Nagmana si Gypsy kay Avan when it comes to pride. Natatanggap niya kaagad ang kanyang pagkakamali. Sa akin naman ang pagiging open sa emosyon. She's really a great kid and i know in my heart that she's going to be a very fine lady and i don't want her to be like me when i was in my teenage years... very wild, drug-addict, and a spoiled brat.

"No more tantrums okay? Love you, love you, love you anak."

We kissed and i carried her to the table to eat breakfast together.

After lunch time, i brought Gypsy to my parent's house. Nandoon siya during weekends, twice a month. The next half naman ay sa mga magulang ni Avan.

Hindi na ako nagtagal dahil naging busy na kaagad ang mga oldies sa kanilang apo. HIndi man lang ako hinalikan ni dad, ganoon rin si mommy.