Chapter One -Willow Island- (REVAMPED)

~~~~~~~~Alabasta Arc~~~~~~~~

Thick red substance oozed through the cracks in the iron door of the bunker, it trickled down the stairs that lead deep into the earth below. As she ascended the staircase her feet slipped on the warm dark liquid, in desperation she reached forward and gripped the handrail pulling herself upwards in a quick panicked manner. Her breathing was sharp and exaggerated, her other hand gripped her chest as it ached. No matter how loud her screams were, no one from above could hear and all she could do was listen to gun fire and the muffled screams of her people.

Suddenly, a loud earth-shaking clap of thunder raged through the cave, echoing against its walls of stone. This caused Y/n to wake from her nightmare, she gasped and lunged out to the empty damp air around her, seemingly reaching towards the iron door of the bunker. But she came to, finding herself in the same position as the night prior. She turned her head to the left, the view of the island in front of her.

A warm fire was still crackling and lighting the area around her, and outside the cave rested a giant beautiful array of trees. Her tired eyes followed along the trees and to the mountains that surrounded the island, they were quite sizable but simple to navigate (simple enough that is). Quickly her attention shifted to the giant lake that sat in the middle of the island, from where she was laying, she could see the wildlife sipping and bathing in its clear fresh water.

A quiet sigh escaped her lips as the sun began to rise above the horizon casting beautiful orange and pink rays of sun through the opening of the cave. Y/n looked towards her lap, seeing a bear cub resting against her leg soundly asleep. A small smile etched on her lips as she ran her fingers through its black fluffy fur. Little snores were heard occasionally from the cub as it slept peacefully.

"Thanks Momma Bear, for letting me stay here for the night." She says turning her head to her right and looking towards the mother bear. She grunted softly and shook its head politely. Y/n giggled and scratched her right behind the ear, Momma grunted once again and nuzzled her head into Y/n's palm.

As the rain subsided it left a heavy fog in the air, Y/n took this as her cue to pack up and leave. Slowly she stood from her sleeping bag and collected her supplies, stuffing them into her pack. Then as thoroughly as possible, she rolled her sleeping bag up and strapped it to her backpack. With a grunt, she slung the bag over her shoulders, picked up her bow and arrows, and walked towards the exit of the cave. "This is it Momma, I hope we meet again." She happily waves back to the big black Momma bear, Momma waving back as happily as ever.

With a smile, Y/n started her descent from the mountain. The windy path led her through thick trees and bushes, over top little streams and slippery mud. It didn't take long to finally reach ground level, a few minutes of walking (and/or slipping).

Amidst the heavy fog, it was hard to see what was ahead, however she kept forward following the path beneath her feet. Certain that it would lead her to the lake. The Forest around her was beautiful, the greenery almost overwhelming. It smelled of fresh rainfall and moss with a hint of pine. The aroma was refreshing to say the least, especially with the light breeze that rippled through her clothing. She tilted her head up towards the sky, seeing nothing but green leaves and rays of sun through the cracks. A few birds flew overhead chirping to each other in harmony, several squirrels ran rampant across the branches of the trees playing with one another. Mother nature was a beautiful thing to witness.

Up ahead on the path stood a deer frozen in its place, its beady eyes piercing through Y/n. She smiled upon seeing this elegant creature, her observant eyes watching the deer's ear twitch and its nose sniffing the air around it. With a calm breath Y/n waved towards the creature. "It's alright, I'm not going to hurt you." She said delicately. The deer, upon hearing her words, nodded and went along its way.

Y/n continued on her path occasionally stopping to look around at the fascinating scenery encompassing her. When atlas, she had made it to the lake. Its shimmery, clear water rippled with the wind and carried the reflection of the rising sun along the horizon. The lake rested in a wide opening in the forest, the big flush trees circling around the fresh body of water.

With a big sigh of relief, Y/n set down her bag against a tree trunk. Then, with ease she began to strip her clothing off her body, leaving herself in only her under-garments. "Please don't be cold, please don't be cold." She muttered as she dipped her toes in the water. It was freezing. "Ah shit." Then, with courage, Y/n ran full force into the lake allowing the cold water to completely submerge her body. The chill of the water poked like needles on her skin as she dipped herself into the lake. The water rippled over her head soaking her hair completely. When she came back up to the surface, she gasped loudly.

Though cold and shivering, Y/n swam around freely. Every now and again she would dive into the body of water entirely immersing her body within the lake. She opened her eyes and looked around underwater. Fish would occasionally swim past her, and small turtles would scamper along the sandy floor, eating seaweed and other delicacies they could find. Y/n surfaced once again for air.

After a few moments of being in the lake, her body got used to the temperature. Y/n relaxed herself and laid on her back, letting the water carry her as she looked up towards the sky above. From here, she had a fair view. It was entirely clear, not a single cloud in sight, unlike early that morning.

Using soap, she began to lather it all over her body and scrub it through her hair assiduously before washing it all out. She then repeated once more, making sure to clean herself well. When she was done, she swam towards the shore and got out of the lake. Y/n grabbed a towel and dried her body, putting on new under-garments and clothing.

She now wore black cargo pants with her combat boots and a tight white tank top. Over top she had a long black cloak with a hood (that of an archer). Agreeing to wash them later, Y/n quickly folded her dirty clothes and put them away.

"Alright, let's see if I have better luck today." Y/n mumbled to herself as she reached out towards her bow and arrows. She made her way back to the lake and started to intently search for any fish to eat. In her left hand she was gripping her bow as she pulled an arrow out slowly. Her e/c eyes searched the water desperately, feeling her stomach rumble with hunger. With ease, she set her arrow in the bow and pulled it back, aiming towards the water steadily. Abruptly, Y/n's eye caught a decent sized fish swimming towards her. She held her breath as she got her target locked in, and as she released her arrow, she also released her breath.

But out of nowhere, a loud sound was heard from the woods behind her. It startled her so, that it caused her to fall to the ground. Her arrow now pointed upwards, came barrowing down and landed into the ground beside her foot. Y/n turned her attention to the woods behind her cautiously as she yanked the arrow out of the ground.

She squinted her eyes and scanned the tree line, seeing two figures' dead-ahead and moving towards her. Without much thought, she scurried to her things and climbed the tree that her backpack rested on. As she hunched herself on a tree branch, she got her bow ready and pointed it towards the two-mystery people. As they emerged from the trees, she noted that they were both men and seemed to be bickering about something.

"I'm sure as hell never trusting you to lead the way again!" A man shouted towards another man with green hair and three swords that rested on his hip. The swordsman snarled and turned to face the blonde-haired man behind him.

"I don't know why you came along in the first place! I can do this on my own!" The swordsman yelled back; his hand now placed on his swords as he glared down the other. Blondie puffed his cigarette smoke in his face and snickered.

"Oh yeah?! And how would you even find it in the first place?!" As this was said, the swordsman removed his hand from his swords and turned around, muttering a small 'shut up'. They began to look around the area before noticing Y/n's bag against the tree.

She widened her eyes as she watched them get closer to her belongings. However, before they could reach it, she locked her target in and shot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!

Have a great night/day

BYYYYYYEEEEE