Chapter 1

Tifa's PoV

"Wake up, Wake up Em!" I shouted to wake up at my hard sleeper room-mate.

"Wake up, we are running late" rushing around the room looking for my sneakers, "I don't want to hear Mrs Loire lecturing us about how responsible and discipline we should be".

"Hmm, five more minutes" Em' managed to say in her sleepy voice.

"No. Hurry up or am leaving you", I finally said while wearing my sneakers. I grabbed my dark blue sweatshirt and my bag.

Emily has been my room-mate for almost a year now. I met her on my first day on the campus and since then we have been sharing the same dorm room. Ever since then we have been best friends. She is a compassionate, warm, and friendly kind of person, although sometimes she can act stubborn and naive. She was born to a well-to-do family and her father is among one of the important figures in business. Her mother is also in the business field, along with her husband. Emily has a talent when it comes to dressing up and partying. Her two most favorite words.

I am the total opposite of her. I am more of a sweatshirt and Jeans kind of person and barely any makeup. Em would always insist that I should wear make ups to classes. According to her, it makes me look more in, since I barely make any effort to attend any party or even to wear pretty dresses.

Speaking of which, was perhaps the reason why we were running late to classes, because she wanted to celebrate our great grades, which we scored on our last literature test. Although we did not drink, we had the appearance of having done so. Spending the whole night watching a marathon of romantic movies can give you the face of a drunken person.

Finally deciding to let her sleeping in, I kissed her forehead

"Going, see you later Em", I rushed down the stairs, opening the door.

Our dormitory is actually divided into three floors, notably the kitchen and the living room on the ground floor. The two other floors were reserved for bedroom and every floor accommodates a bathroom. It exist one major rule which is not supposed to be broken, 'No boys sleeping in the girls dorm'. This was a rule which is ignored by the majority of the girls. One midnight, I banged into a boy, wearing only a boxer as clothes while I was on my way to the bathroom. Of course, there are sanctions if you were caught but no one would really dare expose anyone, unless if you made yourself enemies.

When it comes to our dormitories, the term Fraternity and Sorority would be a fine definition of it. It was not exactly like it, not the same rules and certainly not dealing with the main developments association of Phi Beta Kappa. However, we do have the gender-based initiatory establishment. Boys dormitory are separated from girl's dorm. Most of the dormitories hold the same colour, pale cream and white. The rest were either of a light pink colour or light blue or simply white.

I walked at a very rapid pace, which almost felt like I was running, just so not to be late in class. As I stepped in front of the closed door of my classroom, I raised my left hand to read the time on my watch. Five minutes, "shit" I swore to myself. I knew I was going to hear Mrs Loire speech of discipline and responsibility. As I pushed the door, I almost crumbled down on the floor but hopefully I managed to hold my balance.

"Ms Strife, are you still stuck up in your dreams?" she looked at me with her fierce eyes.

"You are late! To what do I owe this privilege of having my class interrupted this time?" her eyes were focused on me. She had brown piercing eyes and pointy nose. What I actually like about her was her hair, flaming locks of auburn colour. Mrs Loire was in her mid thirties but she appeared way younger than her age. However when it comes to the rules of discipline, she was stricter than the principal himself.