07 Battle Cry

Published: 4

Published: 4.2.24

Amidst the frantic preparations for the looming battle, Lixue and Kougyoku found themselves standing outside Sinbad's meeting room, Kougyoku's expression a mix of determination and concern. The atmosphere crackled with anticipation as soldiers hurried past, weapons at the ready, and mages cast protective enchantments around the palace.

With determination fueling their steps, Lixue followed behind Kougyoku as they approached the guards stationed outside the meeting room. The guards, they nodded respectfully but remained firm in their duty to protect the king."We request an audience with King Sinbad," Kougyoku announced, her voice carrying authority tempered with urgency.

Sinbad gestured for Lixue and Kougyoku to enter the room. They walked in, the air heavy with tension and anticipation. Sinbad, seated at the head of the table his eyes, sharp and assessing, studied the two women standing before him.

"Princess Kougyoku, Lady Lixue," Sinbad greeted them.

Kougyoku stepped forward, her gaze wavering as she looked down at her hand. "The high priest of my country has behaved in a most discourteous manner" she stuttered nervously, suddenly she knelt on the ground.

Lixue immediately grabbed onto her arm in an attempt to bring her back up. "Princess! You don't need to kneel" she reasoned. But her words fell through deaf ears.

"That the Kou empire would go to war with Sindria is unthinkable. At this time, Sindria and Kou are bound by a friendship treaty." She shook with her words, "We would never...We would never...". The clanking sound of metal became louder with every step Sinbad took towards her.

"Your highness" He called out.

She trembled with her response, "Yes!" She shouted. Tears welling in her eyes, hesitating to look up at Sinbad.

He knelt down to her level, "There's no need to worry" he assured her.

"Right now the issue is-" he was cut off by Kougyoku.

"The organization, correct?" She finished. Lixue stood silently beside Kougyoku, her expression unreadable as she listened to the conversation unfold.

He looked at her sternly, "So you do know about it".

She gave him a similar look, "But I am not one of them!" She assured, "True members of the organization have come to wield significant power within the Kou palace, but...". Suddenly Sinbad grabbed a hold of her hand causing Kougyoku to become flustered.

"The please, I am asking you to leave Sindria, your highness, I've heard the people coming this way are a rouge unit part of the organization. So even if you are Kou's Princess, you won't be guaranteed safety here".

This moved Kougyoku, "If that is the case, then please allow me to stay by your side!". At some point Lixue had thought to herself if this was a soap opera almost forgetting the dire situation they were in.

Lixue took this as her moment to step in, grabbing onto Sinbads wrist and removing Kougyoku's hand from his, "Excuse me, but please watch your behavior King Sinbad." She told him sternly as he waved his arms in the air in defeat.

Sinbad's sharp gaze shifted to Lixue, studying her intently. He had sensed a depth to Lixue, a complexity that went beyond her surface loyalty to the Kou Empire. "And what are your thoughts on this matter, Lady Lixue?" he inquired, his tone measured yet curious.

Lixue thought for a moment, choosing her words carefully. "I am here as a representative of the Kou Empire, Your Majesty," she replied diplomatically. "My loyalty lies with the royal family, and I will do what is necessary to fulfill my obligations.

After that Kougyoku had come to the conclusion she wanted to stay and fight along side Sindria. So Lixue followed her demands and awaited the impending force of the organization.

From the edge of the waterline Lixue glared at the black swarm coming towards them. Creatures with wings, almost like devils.

However her focus was towards the purple liquid coming towards them at an unstoppably fast rate, melting everything in its path.

Suddenly her earring began to glow, "May your hunger be satisfied, dwell within me so that I may conquer all, Mammon!".

Her body was enveloped by a golden light, her clothes transformed into a white silk gown with layers and layers of shimmering golden silk. Diamonds and crystals adorned her dress. A beaded headdress laid atop her head with a gold viel to cover the lower half of her face. In her hand she carried a golden sword.

The glow of her djinn equip captured the attention of the others in battle

The glow of her djinn equip captured the attention of the others in battle. Sinbad himself watching from a magic crystal alongside Ja'far. Lixue looked around before she stared into the direction she was being watched.

"Sinbad, you're in my debt after this is over" she exclaimed smirking at him.

Grabbing onto the sword she unsheathed it as it glowed. Holding it in her hands aiming it's tip toward the ground. "Spirit of greed and hunger, Thou who bestoweth thy power upon kings, bring forth a darkness, and devour to your hearts content". The sword glowed.

"Devastate". With a chant a giant black hole appeared on the sea, enveloping and swallowing the purple liquid whole. Leaving nothing behind, as if it never existed...

______