26

"Dearest Bea,

I hope life in the Amalfi Coast isn't treating you too badly. I can imagine all that pizza, pasta, sunshine, and idyllic scenery would get tiresome pretty quickly.

Sorry it took me a while to write, but I wanted to give you time to settle in and feared I would be pestering you. Two months was as long as I could physically wait though, I'm afraid.

Life back in dreary London is pretty much same as usual. So, if you do fancy coming back at any point to bring some much-needed sunshine, then please let me know. On behalf of all Londoners, it would be very much appreciated. Besides, I would love to see that beautiful smile of yours.

In other news, I left my job. Pursuing a new career. But I'm keeping that information hostage, so you have to speak to me. Because I know just how nosey you are.

Anyway, just wanted to check in. Hope you're keeping in trouble. It wouldn't be you otherwise.

All my love,

Ben. x"

You were standing in your traditional, Italian style kitchen, which was where you spent a lot of your time now, reading Ben's letter you'd just received through the post. And you couldn't help but smile to yourself. It was so nice to hear from him. But you had to quickly shove it in your pocket as Adrian, your boyfriend, was walking into the kitchen.

"I'm hungry. What are you making?"

"Erm, what do you want?"

"A Sandwich. There's plates that still need washing." He pointed to the sink.

"Yeah, I was just doing them."

"Well, make my sandwich and then you can carry on. I'll be in the living room."

"Ok." You nodded as he walked out. Quickly getting to work by grabbing some ciabatta, and adding mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, and prosciutto into two portions.

"What's taking so long?" Adrian impatiently rushed back into the kitchen.

"Sorry. Here." You passed his plate to him.

"What are you doing?" He asks as he puts his plate down on the side next to him.

"What?" You sighed faintly. You were exhausted.

"I told you; you still have a few pounds to lose. Stay away from the bread, it only goes straight to your hips."

"I'm hungry." You replied quietly, knowing he was right.

"Have it without the bread." He walks over to you and grabs the ciabatta. Pouring all the ingredients onto the plate and throwing the bread into the bin, before walking back to you and placing a hand either side of your hips. "These still feel too soft. You want me to be attracted to you, don't you? I know you've been doing well, but you need to carry it on. Besides, it's terribly bloating for your stomach."

"Yeah, you're right." You reply meekly as you look down at your body.

"Good." He leans in to kiss the back of your head. "I better not catch you eating bread again." He continues before grabbing his plate and taking a large bite out of his sandwich. "Have you been for your run today?"

"Yeah." You nodded as you dropped your gaze to the floor.

"Well, maybe you should start doing an evening run too. Help speed it along. I'll come with you tonight."

"Ok. I will." You smile weakly. Too tired to muster up much emotion right now. "I need to go to the supermarket tomorrow. Are you free?"

"I'm going to be at the restaurant. You'll have to wait until I'm back."