♱ Prelude. / Vivere et Mori

✹ Prelude

✹ Prelude. / Vivere et Mori

( ♱ WARNING: Mentions of gore and blood, viewer discretion is advised )

At the rise of the nocturnal, a girl cries.

Not a sob of heartache ── of a girl whose heart's been torn and sewn anew so many times, it's a surprise she hasn't gone numb. It's a cry of pain, one that finds itself racking your body with shivers and filling your stomach with so much dread it almost overflows in a never ending pool of misery. It echoes into the night, full of agony. The breeze bristles along its vibrations, swirling into the flames with the echoes of what can only be Death. The cry is one of a banshee, of a wounded spirit running from the peace it knows it cannot have despite its constant yearn for it ── of a fallen angel with her wings plucked of its golden feathers and her halo ripped from the seams of her temples, of a dog whose canines have been pulled from its wired jaws, of a witch girl whose been burnt at the stake ── no one hearing the work of the dead take a hold of the living, no one hearing as her corpse is dragged into the woods, nothing but her and the forces of nature feeling the blood of a girl rush back into the soil of her maker.

(Was she really a part of the living in the first place?)

All that is left is a weeping angel, a frothing wild dog, and an untapped witch in burning and boiling remains. One that will die in the hands of fire and blood. All in the form of a sacrificial lamb.

The perverted mother, maiden and crone.

The sacrifice of an angel, a witch and a dog.

1. A Death by spiritual flame
( Infernus per mortem )