Chapter 7

When Lou had woke up, she found herself in the courtyard where students can sit. One could call them horegallus. But she was covered by a warm blanket to keep her warm. "How... How did I end up here?"

She saw that she was wearing Patricia's dress. But couldn't remember when she wore this. Last night she remembered that Letitia throw this dress to the cliff. Now she is wearing the same dress. Is there some error? Was she hallucinating? Luckily it was very early so Lou tiptoed and went inside to her room. She put the blanket on her bed and went to soak herself in a warm bath. She tried to rewind the events in her head. But nothing seems to be appearing in her mind. "Whatever, I should return this dress to that girl. What exactly happened last night?"

After Lou took her bath she dressed herself and watered her flower. The flower seems like a lamp shining in the night. It's been years but Lou is still amazed by the flower's glow. She saw the blanket lying in the bed and she tried to cover herself with it because of the morning chill. This time she smelled it. The blanket emitted a fresh scent of spicy woody smell. Like Sandalwood. "This surely belongs to someone. But .... Who?"

"Lou..."

Suddenly she heard the voice of Danielle and Kay. Lou flinched and tried to hide everything from their view. She put a smile and opened the door inviting them in. "I see you are already and ready." Kay chuckled.

Lou smiled faintly. She asked, "last night... Did I slept very early?"

Danielle said, "no we talked a lot until midnight. After that we went back to our rooms."

Kay nodded.

Lou furrowed her eyebrows. "I .. can't remember anything about what happened yesterday.. perhaps we had ... Wine?"

Kay laughed, "Alcohol is forbidden here, Lou. But we do have grape wine during feasts which is less alcoholic. You know why they look so good looking? Because of the wine. But we didn't drink yesterday."

Lou shook her head. "What? Then... Why am I feeling so blur?"

Danielle said, "anyways we have to go .... For your lessons."

Lou then braid her hair and she was ready to go. They went downstairs to eat breakfast. Lou saw Patricia was gloomy and sad because of the dress. After eating she went to the dorm and folded the dress neatly and went to see her. Patricia was all alone and she didn't even sit next to her sister. Meanwhile Letitia was talking and laughing with Joseph Quinard which made Lou so annoyed. She ignored her and sat next to Patricia. "Hey.... I saw.... What happened."

Patricia nodded sadly, "I won't make it. I'm not as ambitious as her. But that dress was my mother's."

"Was?"

"She died...."

Lou's eyes widened. She didn't know about it. Lou nodded in understanding and placed the dress on to the table. Patricia looked in amazement. "My... Dress. Where did you get this? Leti threw this into that cliff which I heard is forbidden to the outside world."

"But I somehow got it." Lou rolled her eyes.

"Thank you, Lou. I'm so grateful for your help. This means a lot to me."

Lou smiled, "speaking of which did you say about the cliff, what is it?"

"I heard that below the cliff is a forbidden area. No one can enter. And also it's also the place were we can see magical creatures. This place is the abode of an esteemed wise wizard who is an immortal as per rumours."

"Really? Why is it forbidden?"

"Some say that the termitary's western area that is this cliff area is the gateway to the underworld. So usually the barrier gets broken. The river we saw while we were entering the termitary flows to there. The underworld. The barrier has to be sealed most of the time. And it's the duty of this wizard to close it. He kinda dwells here."