Prologue

Darkness was all I could see. I couldn't open my eyes. Fragments of a memory maybe, passed through my head. A hand made out of shadows touches a crying girl's cheek. She has light brown hair and her eyes are shut tightly, leaking tears. The shadow's touch makes an ink-like blackness spread throughout her face and then it disappears.

I gasp, ripping my eyes open but immediately close them due to the bright lights. I hear a beeping noise ringing in the room. Who am I? Where am I? I slowly open my eyes, adjusting my sight to the brightness. My breathing is suddenly heavy from panic when I see the wires and tubes attached to my body. The beeping gets louder and faster which alerts people outside the strange looking room. "What?" I whisper and jump from my own voice. Who am I? Where am I?

"Miss, you need to calm down!" Says a woman dressed in a strange blue clothing. I feel scared, who was she? I try to breathe properly, getting strange gestures from the women. "That's good, breathe. Calm down." She spoke softly, a strange emotion in her eyes that I could not understand. Hell, I couldn't understand anything that was going on. My breathing was better now and I felt myself get tired. "I'll get the doctor, he'll be glad to know that you are awake."

Soon, a well aged man entered the room with the woman from earlier trailing behind him. I immediately hid myself in the covers upon seeing an unknown man. Was he good? Was he bad?

"I see that you're awake, Leah." He said to me, staring at me as if he was studying me. Who was Leah? Was I her? "L-Leah?" I asked in a low voice. His eyebrows furrowed and he pushed his glasses up further on the bridge of his nose. "You do not know who you are?" He asked, his eyes softening. I shook my head quickly. He sighed and shook his head. "This will be a problem."

I was confused but, I just stayed in the position I was and said nothing else that day.