Looking At The Night Sky

He observed, hidden behind branches and leaves. He watched the blonde girl causing mischief in this pathetic village. It was for entertainment purposes before his father found out where he was. He continued watching the kunochi running around, trying to find the troublemaker, but she was nowhere in sight.

"Man, they're slow." He almost hit a tree branch as the surprise guest startled him. 'How did she get here?' "It's pretty hilarious." She turned to him with a cheeky smile. He took note of her face and how it resembled a fox, though with these whisker scars, it's a bit closer to a cat. What else was there? Her spiky blond hair was standing upwards, thank you to those goggles. If he didn't know any better, he would've mistook her for a boy.

But that was all years ago.

Toneri watched the greenish-blue rock in the sky. Ever since he got his eyes back, he watched that rock whenever he had the chance.

"I don't get how marrying Hinata would restore your clan." He was dumbfounded. Was she really that unknowing, or did she need a moment to process her words. "Wait." It was the latter. "Naruto." They both turned their attention to his suppose-to-be-bride who was standing in front of a portal. Naruto walked up to her and whispered something that he couldn't hear. The Byakugan princess hesitantly nods before going to the portal.

Now, it was just the two of them.

He still vividly remembers her embrace, her warm skin against his own. He felt a bit embarrassed remembering all those things that happened in front of that portal. He shook his head before continuing to watch the planet.

'I wonder if she's looking at the moon.'

---

Naruto wakes up as she feels the bed dip beside her. She sees spiky blond hairpeaking under the blanket. 'Must be a bad dream.'

She then turns her attention to the window and notes that the night sky is clear. Carefully, not to wake up the child, she got out of bed and walked over to the window. She looked at the moon.