Part title

(Please read slowly so the mood sets in better for you, I hope you have a good reading experience)

Three days. Three days it took for you to leave. I never thought death would take you away so fast. I didn't even have time to say goodbye, not even a pathetic 'sorry'. I know you can't hear me. "I really am sorry... I fucked up, I fucked up so badly." Tears started to form in my eyes. "You wouldn't be dead if it weren't for me." I sniffed. As I continued, I felt the rain patter down onto my back, making soft clink sounds on the glass bottles surrounding the graves.
"Why did I have to be so dumb? I'm so so sorry, Elliot. I should've... I should've been the one to be shot." My legs gave in and I fell to the ground, curling up and crying into my hands. The worst part was, I loved him. I loved him so much, and yet I never even got to confess. It's too late now.
"I'll miss you so much, Elliot, so so much." I whisper.

"It's been three years since your death. I never stopped thinking about you." I lay down against his grave, laying my head back. "But guess what? I'll be joining you soon. I got sick a few months ago, the doctors haven't been able to cure it. At least, maybe, I'll finally be able to confess to you, hm?" I chuckle to myself.

"Hey! No fair! You cheated!"
"How can I cheat in a racing game that's on feet?"
"You mean 'foot'."
"Oh whatever, same thing. Point is! I didn't cheat and you're just a sore loser."
Aaron rolled his eyes with an annoyed groan. Aaron's mom, Lily, then called both boys to dinner and they ran inside. They sat at the table, tonight was Mac and Cheese with nuggets and ketchup for Aaron. Then a burger with fries and ketchup mixed with mayonnaise for Elliot. As for the rest of the family, they had chicken with mashed potatoes. The grown ups talked while the kids ate and played with each other. It was just like a normal family, even if it really wasn't.
Aaron watched as Elliot and his mother walked to their car to go home. He waved and waved until the car was out of view. Lily yanked her hand away from her son. He just stood there, staring at the ground.
"You're such an annoying child, why can't you be like your siblings? They're so much better." With that, Lily walked back inside, leaving Aaron alone. After a few minutes, Aaron walked back inside, closing the door behind him, and heading up to his room.
Aaron climbed into his bed, hugging his stuffed bear tightly while he cried.
Why can't I be a better son? He thought. Why can't I be like Jason and Alissa? They're perfect! And... I'm just a disappointment. Slowly, and gradually, Aaron's thought consumed him, devouring his very core until he finally fell asleep from crying.
The next day in school, Elliot ran up to Aaron, waving an envelope in the air while yelling.
"Aaron! Aaron! My birthday party is this weekend!" Elliot giggled and laughed.
"Oh yeah! You'll be turning six right?" Aaron asked with a wide smile.
"Yeah! I'm older than you!" Elliot said smugly.
"We'll be the same age in three months! Cause my birthday is in three months."
"Yeah but I'm still older than you, at least for now. So can you come?" He handed Aaron the envelope he was holding before.
"I think so, I'll have to ask my mom though, I'll still get you a present no matter what!"
Elliot laughed and nodded. "You always have the best gifts!"
Aaron smirked. "Well of course I do, I'm your best friend!"

Aaron lay there silently, hugging himself tightly. Since he's gotten sick, he's gotten a bit skinnier than he was, he didn't mind though. Aaron watched as the trees moved with wind, watched as the birds chirped and the animal pranced around in the distance. It was a nice day out, the sun was shiny and there weren't many clouds. There was a slight sprinkle of rain, but it felt nice. There was a calming warmth in the air, like, even though he was alone, he was surrounded by people, hundreds of people. Suddenly, he knew. He knew what was happening. He smiled at the thought of being with Elliot again. His breath started to slow as his eyes got heavy. Aaron lay down next to Elliot's grave, thinking of all the times they were together. He thought of all the good times, the bad times the sad times, even the frustrating and gross times. But no matter what, he appreciated it all. A tear feel down his cheek, just as he took his last breath.
See you soon... My love.